cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 3G connectivity issues (PLEASE HELP)

I am in Lincoln, NE and too am having the same 3 G issues since last Thurs. 12/6.

The 12/5 update has not resolved the issues as I had that update on Fri. 12/7 when Sprint backed my phone up to iTunes, reset, reactivated, and synced back to iTunes. It worked til Mon. 12/10 when I roamed, and could not get out of roam.  Apple said change email from Exchange to Gmail direct.  No resolution.  Sprint says wait til next update....Issue may be software, maybe a bad batch of phones, Sprint, the Boogey Man, or the Wizard Oz...you get the point.

I am going to post this, send note to Jazzgirl7777, keep harping on Sprint and hope for an intervention/fix.

Then I will start with the 1,000's of contacts I have in email, then Facebook Posting(s) daily, then Linked In.

After that, posting to Social sites like this one.  Easy to copy and paste from this.

Then it will be the FCC and BBB in 3 NE cities I have been in the past week.

Sprint sold me an iPhone with a known issue, that has been going on for what appears weeks, and is playing the name game with Apple.

Local Verizon folks do not have an issue with iPhone 5's as the assumption being the are on 4G or their version of it....I had a Sprint Tech say that!

I can stand next to a an iPhone 4s on Sprint and they have great connection, same with iPhone 5 on Verizon.

Two calls to Apple have left me with no resolution.

2nd was was escalated to a Sup. after holding for 45 minutes they got on the phone.

Apple case No. 38392345

A possible solution is to go back to Sprint and get a 4s and lots of credit.

Or back to a Droid that actually works.  My wife and 3 daughters are wanting iPhone for Xmas-NOT or NOT on Sprint!

Yes thankfully, the Versizon store is 1 block from Sprint's, guess how long that will take to get to by Fri. 12/14 when my 2 weeks of trial Apple/Sprint iPhone 5 is done and I am stuck.

Can't believe that Sprint and Apple would allow this to continue for what looks like weeks and weeks.

Does Sprint Call Center not track issues and learn fixes from them?

Apple Sup.aka Sr. Advisor gest Sprint Engineer Rob on phone who says to turn off LTE...Settings, General, Enable LTE(turnOFF).  Run Sprint ## update.

We shall see if this corrects the situation.   We have no 4G or LTE behind the great Cornwall, makes sense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am going to repost the later part of my original posting to make sure it is clear.

Apple Sr. Advisor(aka Sup) did get on the phone after a wait.

He worked to resolve the issue, then was able to get Sprint Engineer on the phone.

We turned off LTE.

IF that works, I will glady report the fix works.

Thanks to Apple Sr. Advisor for working with me.

If this works, why would a Sprint Tech in the store not try this or know this after 2 visits to each of both Lincoln Sprint Stores, and a call to Sprint Tech Support?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problems... Being ping ponged between Spring & Apple.

I've tried updating and reactivating.

I still can't get the service I'm paying for.

So I started a tumblr to document my Sprint iPhone 5 Problems.

Contact me to contribute your screen caps.

http://sprintmess.tumblr.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a customer service manager tell me last night that I cant get out of my contract bc she is unaware of any issues with the iphone5 and its just me.  The more and more I think about it tics me off bc either she is clueless or flat out lying.  My local sprint store  and Apple both admit to issues.  I am more upset at this point that she lied to me then my phone not working.  All I want is all the phones on my accounts contracts ripped up so I can leave this nightmare!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to get mine working see link below:

community.sprint.com/baw/message/511979#511979

What still bugs me is the Tier 2 rep did something to activate my phone but wouldn't tell the Apple employee what they did. Also, they only fixed because my Apple store rep was really, really harsh on him.

I told a friend my story and he said the same thing happened with his wife's phone. He took it into a Sprint store and they called support and told them what to do... it was fixed in a few minutes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey you guys, I just want to let you know there is a Sprint carrier update that came out on the 5th for the iPhone, what you got to do is back up your stuff then go to iTunes and do a restore in iTunes (make sure you set it up as a new device)  with your iPhone pluged in. Then once you do the restore and once the restore is done you should see a pop come up automatically telling you there is a Carrier update for the phone and just follow that. From what I herd from Sprint this is a patch from Apple to fix the problems the iPhone is having with Sprint. So far I had the update for 2 days because I did not know about it and to be honest the service is much better and is working fast now and things load like they should, and even apps like Instgram fully works now witch have not worked fully on all the other 5 devices I had before and even the 6th device witch I have now it never fully worked until this update but now it works every time and fast as well. So check it out and if you can let me know if the update works for you guys like it did for me, thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if there another way to do the carrier update besides an Itune restore?  It seems this would be something that would automatically be pushed to all Sprint Iphone 5s

Journeyman

you have to restore the phone via iTunes because it talks to Apple while doing the restore(witch you can see it do so on the music player screen) and if you do not restore the phone the update will not show up what so ever

Highlighted

gdk1,

I realize this has been frustrating for you, and I'm sorry to hear that you feel caught in the middle between us and Apple. If after the maintenance release from Apple, if you are still experiencing the intermittent to no service with your device, please let me know. 

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

BOOSPRINT1230,

It is unfortunate that this situation has caused you to want to end your service with us.  This is an ongoing issue, and although the Customer Service representative that you had spoken with is not aware of the issues with the Iphone 5, doesn't mean that you are not validated in the issues that you have been experiencing.  I apologize on behalf of the individual that you had encountered.  Although I do not have the authority to cancel your services, I can intervene to see what I can do to further assist with the current issues that you may still be experiencing.

I am sending you a private message, and look forward to corresponding with you.

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

COPYGUYADAM,

I appreciate you posting your feedback.  Please keep me posted.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

bigj0110,

I appreciate your feedback also regarding the maintenance release from Apple.  I know this was long awaited.

Please keep me posted with the progress, or if you have had any further issues. I have been out of the office a few days, so I will also reach out internally with my Iphone Technical Support management team to ensure we are providing the same information.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat