iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey I just sent you a private message about this please check it and get back to me thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just switched from T-mobile and have been with sprint for 3 days with an iPhone 5.  The two phones I purchased one has been returned and is experiencing the same issues with network connectivity that first prompted the return. Now again both of the phones are basically worthless unless on a wifi connection. Multiple sprint employees said return the phone and get a new iPhone but 3 units with the exact same problem leads me to believe that another iPhone swap will just lead to the same issue. Network updates and resets have been performed over and over. Is this an apple or a sprint issue? Both are pointing a finger at the other while I have no resolution and over $600 in expenses. Someone has to know of this issue and is hopefully working on a quick solution. Not a great way to start out a contract after being happy with t-mobile for many many years. Solution please...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also came from T-mobile to Sprint for the iPhone but I came to Sprint on the iPhone release date and now I'm on my 6th phone because the same reason you are having like every one else and so far none of 6 devices have worked for me. I'm even thinking of giving Sprint a week or 2 more from now to get there act together with the data and calling and if not then just stop paying Sprint and just get the 5 on another network because I'm even loosing business because I'm not receiving calls and they are not showing up at all on my call log and they tell me they leave a voicemail but the visual voicemail and if I call in to the voicemail it says I got nothing. But on there end the call rings normal and the voicemail picks up normal for them. by the way multiply people having been telling me this not just one person. But best to luck with your Sprint service and the iPhone 5, let me know what happens and what you end up doing and I will do the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to let you know that what I told you in the Privet message is correct and what I said in this post was correct as well. About the post after 2 days the service went right back to the way it was before the update so I don't think the update really did anything to be honest. Also, it seems to me that every couple of days-to a week the service as a whole gets worst in my market as a whole.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not know if this will help...but i have went through the long process of trying to get my iphone to connect to the 3G network for about a week.  Contacted Sprint and talked with several reps telling me to hard reset, soft reset, reset network, the ever stupid ##123456# thing, nothing worked! I could call and receive calls and texts and connect to my home network.  Reps told me to take it to Apple...really take it to Apple?  Sprint sold me the phone!  It had everyone at Sprint confused...thats technical service...not quite!  I said that was going to take it the Sprint store and the rep told me not to do that! I could send the phone back and get a replacement.  I was sure that there was nothing wrong with the phone, since I was able to use all the features...but connecting to the data network. They said that they would start a engineering help ticket and would find a solution to my issue within 24 to 72 hours...a week has passed with no response.  In the mean time...I took the phone to my local Sprint store, handed it to a tech, within ten minutes it was fixed and I could connect to the 3G network...PROBLEM SOLVED...SPRINT HAD A DATA BLOCK ON THE PHONE LINE.  I had a smart phone and I changed my plan to a data plan...why did I have to go through this whole business with those who are supposed to be helping me with my service is unacceptable.  My advise to those people at Sprint...when a customer calls to upgrade thier phone and changes the plan to a DATA PLAN...WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY NOT CHECK IF THERE IS A BLOCK FOR DATA IN THE FIRST PLACE.  REMARKABLE. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

That may have worked for you, but its a bigger issue than just the data plan not being active.  Many people get very slow data reception sometimes, then other times nothing at all.  For me, I can get zero to 1mbps standing in the same place at different times.  Its very frustrating and we're not receiving the service we paid for and are paying for.  $150+ per month for a shoddy service that dial up internet could beat.  Calls dropping out all the time or not receiving them.  Could go on and on but there are many posts on this forum.  I would urge everyone to look at the main post that has 60,000+ views not this one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the thing is everything you said that worked for you does work for me plus the 3G data on all 6 devices I had. The only thing that works for me but not at full speed like it should is the Wi-Fi. By the way I been to 3 different states with my iPhone 5 and the same problems are going on in 3 different states Miami/Palm Beach FL market(my home market), PA and NJ as well. So this just means one of two things either the network nation wide is not working or the iPhone 5 on Sprint is not working because the network is incompatible with the iPhone 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

You hit the nail right on the coffin as far as what is going on with Sprint and the funny thing is I would report to Sprint that other people are have the same issues as me according to them on the fourms and they keep saying lets just focus on your problems and even Sprint corporate told me this. Maybe Sprint should not just focus on just my problems and focus on the bigger picture and maybe then it will get fixed, I'm just saying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Focusing on the individual cases leads me to believe they know the cause but are throttling the service to iphone 5 users.  Other people have said iphone 4 and 4s has no issues.  Maybe too many people signed up for iphone 5 - more than expected.  I for one know that when my contract is up or I'm in a position to get out of this mess then I will never be coming back to Sprint in any form. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

What has Sprint done to fix the connectivity problem? I was just on the phone with a Sprint rep who told me that I wasn't the only customer having that problem and that it was Apple's issue and not Sprint's. Well what I have a problem with is that Sprint is the only network having this problem with the Iphone5. could it be that Sprint has been unwilling (read unable) to resolve this problem and is still collecting fees for service that doesn't work? Do you (Sprint ) have a fix for this problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Absolutely Nothing but open thousands of meaningless tickets. I filed my complaint and in the process of getting out of contract with no etf.  When I was talking to a sprint tech and we ran speed test. He said wow, that's incredible.... Incredibly slow!

Highlighted
Journeyman

still paying $10 a month for the priviledge of a phone that can't consistently even CONNECT to the internet. Will be fighting for a huge credit if this ever gets resolved. Good news is that my conract is up in July!!!! Yay......

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat