iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint knows about an activation problem with Apple.

It took me months of phone calls to finally get to someone high enough up in Sprint's Tech support to not only acknowleged it, but was able to fix the problem with Apple.

I had to constantly reset my phone several times a day just to get a 3G connection.

I don't know why they haven't worked out a permanent widespread fix.

But it seems like they will take care of it on an individual basis if you get the right person on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SOMEONE WILL ASK YOU FOR YOUR CROSS STREETS IN 3..2..1...

THE ONLY FIX IS LTE OR LEAVE.  SPRINTS 3G NETWORK, AT LEAST FOR THE IPHONE 5 IS GARBAGE. TOO MANY PEOPLE ON IT OR ITS JUST NOT COMMUNICATING WITH THE I5 OR BOTH.

I WOULDNT HOLD YOUR BREATH ON LTE BC THESE ROLL OUT MAPS ARE A JOKE. IN NEBRASKA WE NEVER EVEN GOT 4G AND THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN YEARS AGO.

GO TO BBB AND FILE COMPLAINT AND TELL WHOEVER YOU CAN TO DO THE SAME.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you conducted an Itunes Restore on the Iphone?   I did this with mine and it resolved all of my issues.   Install I tunes on your computer, backup your profile, and then conduct a resotre to factory settings.  it takes 20 minutes to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you conducted an Itunes Restore on the Iphone?   I did this with mine and it resolved all of my issues.   Install I tunes on your computer, backup your profile, and then conduct a resotre to factory settings.  it takes 20 minutes to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done this on 3 different occasions and still having hte same problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll have to jump on this thread too. I'm also having issues with my iPhone 5 and 3g switching back and forth. And to temporarily fix the issue i had to toggle airplane mode on/off or reboot. I also did a fresh restore and it didn't work. I have two other phones (Note 2 and iPhone 4S) and no issues whatsoever. I have a feeling it is a hardware issue with iPhone 5. Anyone got this resolved? Please let me know if you did and how? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue with my iPhone 5.  Starting happening several weeks ago with intermittent data connectivity issues.  Yesterday, went out and stayed out.  Called Sprint and went through the usual reset protocols.  Nothing was working.  Then tried a network reset and the data connectivity came back immediately.  However, when I got to work this morning, data connectivity was out again.  Did the network reset and it is back and has been back for a couple of hours.  It is a bit annoying to have to do this and I am not sure how long it really lasts between resets.  I am going to call Sprint tonight and let them know the results.  Perhaps they and Apple can get together and see what is happening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues here. Finally spoke to nice woman at Sprint support who said Sprint is working on the issue and has targeted Feb. 28 as the fix date. After reading this thread, seems they've done this before yet the issues remain. As an aside, Sprint took a bath on the Palm Pre and salivated about carrying the touted iPhone. Sprint, is the grass any greener?  BTW, the webOS operating system blows the doors off iOS. Too bad there's no new hardware for it. If there were, I wouldn't be complaining about the iPhone 5 / Sprint issue. Come on, Sprint, get this fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hope the date is correct. Data went out yesterday morning and it took me another of resetting everything and then turning the phone to airplane mode and back again. All told, 40 minutes of messing around. Good news is data has been back up since. Crossing my fingers for a complete fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The date is NOT correct. I wish I had known all this before I bought the iPhone 5 today. I'm having the same problems that everyone else is describing here. I immediately went back in to the store and asked about the problem. They told me that the area we were in had bad 3G signal and even the workers in the store couldn't get 3G. I said that my dad, who was standing right next to me, had 3G on his 4S. They said "wow, he must be Lucky". Yeah, lucky he didn't buy the 5. When I got home I checked the coverage map and the are was deep in 3G coverage. So I called sprint and went through the same bs: off on, ##123446#, complete erase and reset. Nothing worked. Obviously they knew of the problem and are keeping quiet. Come on sprint, at least acknowledge the problem. This is not how to run a business. I am completely unhappy and I've only been a sprint customer for a few hours! I thought AT&T was bad. I think I'll be switching back if this does not get resolved soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with NONECK66.  If there's an attorney on here with one of these problematic iPhone 5's, what are the chances of threatening Sprint with a class action suit?  Could there be an injunction to prevent more iPhone 5 sales on Sprint until the problem is fixed? Whether it's legal to sell these phones with this known problem is questionable. It most certainly is less than ethical. Something has to wake 'em up. It usually takes a big hit to a company's wallet before real change is made or maybe some really bad publicity, which will have pretty much the same financial effect. Hopefully a "C" level person at Sprint is reading this forum and realizes the clock is ticking with respect to people's patience.  If they can't fix it in the near term, then just be honest.  Honesty would buy them more patience and perhaps mollify some of the anger. Sprint's current way of handling this issue (e.g.pointing the finger at Apple, reps telling customers it's a cell tower upgrade issue, reps saying myriad other reasons, etc.) is simply not working. I've been with Sprint for close to 20 years. I feel duped. Plus, it's my first ever product from almighty Apple. I just want my phone to work. Please, Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Or Apple.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat