iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 3G connectivity issues (PLEASE HELP)

I am having all of these issues as well and I have tried all of the "fixes" Sprint has given me. Each time it only fixes it for a few minutes. This only started happening over the last week or so for me. My phone says 3G is on with full bars but cannot connect to anything. When I am on wifi or EDGE network I can connect to everything but only on 3G is the problem. I have done the full restore and leave off for 30 minutes. I have reset all network settings many times. I have done the ##UPDATE# service update many, many times. The only thing that works very rarely is to turn off and back on again my data through airplane mode. This only works maybe 1% of the time. Then it only works for a couple minutes. You would think someone somwhere would have a solution for this by now. This is getting very frustrating. The only Apple store neara me is about an hour's drive away and I have been reading that they might replace the phone but the issue will still exist. So Sprint the ball is in your court. Please figure this out. A smartphone with no data connection is just a really expensive voice phone and nothing more. Help please!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I have had the same issues.  Data access is restored when the phone is powered down and restarted.  Sprint conducted a reset on our network access.   It worked for a 1/2 day.   I was told by sprint customer service that if it continues to follow up at the apple store.   This weekend we went to the apple store and received two new phones.   A full restoration and reset occurred and the issue remains.   The issue occurs after connected to a wifi for some time and then the phone joins a 3G signal.    Do you notice that after 30 minutes that the phone will work normally on 3G?  

So. Short story. Two full resets,  two new phones...  The transition between wifi and 3G connection does not work.    It has to be a sprint issue.    If I shut down the phone and restart.  The phone will work.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue as you all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been conducting a new test.  Wifi has been shut off for 12 hours straight and I have been in a 3G area the whole time.   Issue still occurs.   I just restarted my phone and everything is working well now.   I plan to restart the clock and see how long it goes before apps and voicemail no longer work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are having the same issues and have been dealing with sprint on this and still getting nowhere but the run-around. We have just gotten our 3rd iphone 5, the last one we drove an hour to the apple store they switched out the phone and the sim card. Still we are having the same issue and sprint says they will get a network technician to call us and still have yet to hear from them. I had to call back days later and they gave me the number to call the technician who then told me they could not find the ticket that supposedly sprint created. So if I wouldn't have called them that day, that means no technician would have never called. They still tell me though I have to continue to wait and someone will get back to us. I have spent countless hours on the phone and talking to several account managers. Every time I ask for a manager they all tell me they are one. It gets worse when every one I speak to tells me something different. Our family have the iphone 4s and they have no problem at all. We even did a test of both phones running the same app on the sprint network and the iphone 4s worked flawlessly and well with the iphone 5, after finally getting to open the app after several attempts it took forever to play a song and then just kept skipping and buffering. The sprint rep on the phone even asked me what that noise was. They keep saying it could be a tower in our area but then look and say there are no open tickets in the area. As I explained to them, tell me why then it's every where we go even out of town when we are in different areas hours from our home. They have no explanation for it. The worst was yesterday after spending 3 1/2 hours a rep who told me that he was an account manager telling me to cancel with sprint and go elsewhere. Then later another rep said he wasn't even an account manager. They have lied to us I had one account manger put me on hold and said he wsa going to call apple. He came back and said he spoke with his supervisor. When I asked to speak to the supervisor he said they were all gone for the day. I laughed and said really you just told me you just spoke with your supervisor. His reply was oh she was on her way out and she stopped to help me real quick. Finally they transferred me to account services who still say they can't do nothing. That now instead of 24-48 hours that I was previously told to wait. Now it's 3-5 days that I have to wait. So now I am still sitting here waiting for a supervisor to call me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. This is a common issue. Sprint advised me of the issue and that they're "working on it." Sprint's network sucks. It sucks a lot. Their price however, is great. You get what you pay for. I turn off and reset my phone multiple times daily.

Highlighted

DBA3,

I have just read this thread in its entirety, and I want to intervene to see what I can do to turn this around. I apologize this has gone un-answered until now.   I appreciate you posting your concern, along with all other community members that have provided posts and feedback also.  I am sorry to hear of your frustration along with the connectivity issues that you and others have experienced.

My colleagues and I have been working with numerous customers and community members regarding the IPhone5 and 3G.  We have been in communication with Apple also, and verify it's been phone issues and network issues.

Although we are aware of the 3G connectivity issues, we are still doing what is necessary to expeditiously develop a fix, either temporary or permanent if possible  I would like for you to send me a private message including your full name, and phone number so that I can access your device profile.  That is where we can begin to verify where the issue lies.  Also, please be sure not to post any personal or account information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

To send a private message:

select my username underneath my avatar

to the far right of profile page select send private message

I look forward to hearing from you!

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Sunday-Wednesday

9am-2pm

Highlighted

BJFJOHN64,

I realize this has been ongoing, and redundant regarding 3G connectivity and the IPhone5.  This is a concern for us to provide 3G connectivity when you are not using wifi.  We have known issues with IPhone 5 and 3G, and we are working expeditiously with Apple to verify the issue and have a fix developed to remedy this for our customers.  We have found ''work arounds'' in the meantime, that include powering off your device, and back on in order to re-establish a 3G connection.  Depending on where you are located will also determine if the 3G connectivity issue is network related and not device software.

If you will let me know your location, I will be sure to verify if your market is being affected with intermittent 3G connectivity pertaining to your Iphone5.

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

mk7880,

I appreciate your feedback regarding the temporary fix.  Please keep me posted if anything changes to where after power cycling, you are still not able to connect to 3G.

Highlighted

dk2464,

I am sorry to hear of your issues also.  If you are still experiencing issues with 3Gg connectivity, please either post your city and state along with cross streets to verify network performance, or you can send me a private message including your full name and phone number.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

mk7880,

Please keep me posted regarding the duration of your device connectivity with 3G.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat