Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone5 is a disaster

Journeyman

iphone5 is a disaster

I have the dreaded "pay for unlimited data", whilewe laugh at you trying to use it condition with my new iphone. I am on my second phone, first one was plagued with the "sim card failure", that rendered my phone as useless as a doorstop. I am now living the dream of "3G" sike just "o" for me. No Siri. I miss her in my car ride to work.

Has anyone bailed after 14 days, taken their phone to Verizon. Bought a new plan and said **** it.

The "no data for me" guy.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as you after 6 different iPhone 5's and I hate it. But the reason I have have not left Sprint before the 14 days or after the 14 days is because I use a lot of data for personal and business use that if I do go to ATT or Verizon I'm 100% sure that I will go over over my data, I use 2GB of data in a week and even more sometimes. If I where to switch and conserve data it will hurt my business lot so I can't do this. So I just have to go with out it untill LTE comes to me(witch is any day now) because it was suppose to come in August and then in November but I herd that it will come on time as far as the November time frame, but then I herd that it was coming early in October and now I herd they are way behind and that no NV site has passed/been accepted yet in the state of Florida yet even thought work is being done. But then I seen a screen shot from an Iphone 5 from a little over an hour from me in one county north of me(Palm Beach County Florida) and I have happened to have family in the same place where the LTE has been spotted so I drove up there one day after I seen the screen shot to go see family and we drove around most of that city where the LTE is and to be honest no LTE at all and the 3G was the same as it is.

Journeyman

I dumped them within the 14 days. I got my iPhone on launch day and had nothing but really slow 3G and o.  I do not have confidence that they could make the 3G faster or deliver LTE after researching them more.

Recently they were working on getting bailed out by Softbank for about $20B to help fund and gain expertise in LTE buildouts, but that deal isnt finalized yet so it confirmed to me they dont have the money to build out their network which is why a lot places the phone doesnt work right. So right now everything is riding on that deal if it goes through they are slated to do it by 2013 sometime, if not then Sprint is in trouble since no one will want to touch them. If it does work out I am fairly certain unlimited data will go away.

Journeyman

I'm in NYC. I have had to dial network upgrade number twice. Also, 3G speed is terribly slow.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat