Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking Sprint iPhone 5 for international use

Highlighted
Journeyman

unlocking Sprint iPhone 5 for international use

Hi,

I am looking to buy a used iPhone 5 primarily for international use (spare phone for travel). I am wondering if I can buy a Sprint iPhone from eBay, and have it unlocked for use in India? How would I go about getting the phone unlocked? I am not a current Sprint customer / user.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Columbus3442,

Great question! I’m happy to help. Unfortunately a device can not be unlocked for international use unless it has been active on our Sprint network for a minimum of 3 months. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions, I’m here for you!

Laura,

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

My iphone is active but sim locked

Highlighted
Master

abdullamana- Hey! Are you wanting to use your device for International usage as well? As long as you meet certain requirements such as device active for 90 days, no outstanding balance and no ASL on the account you should be able to. To contact the International team to see you you can unlock device please visit- www.sprint.com/sww

Thanks,
*Sara
Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

And when it is unlocked can I use it with another carrier in another country?

Highlighted
Master

Hey Gzmnre,

Thanks for the inquiry.

When properly unlocked, you will be able to utilize a SIM from a different country for use in that country. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im going to be on a cruise to the western Caribbean in February, I have an IPhone 5, can I use it for calls and texts

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for reaching out to us. You will have to add international service on to the phone to use the service on a cruise. Please call 1-

888.226.7212, option 2.

Colleen Sprint social care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to text Europe from here in the US. Do I need international services if I text from here?

Highlighted
Master

Yes, you would have to add unlimited international texting service to your plan. Please let me know if you have more questions. Thank you

Colleen Sprint social care

Highlighted
Journeyman

hello sprint care i just purchased a iphone 5c usa sprint locked 90 days old and i am from india and already i have a account in sprint ,so now unlocked is possible for india used

Highlighted
Master

joni786,

Thank you for your post. I understand, Since you are a Sprint customer. You can contact our Sprint World Wide dept. They will be able to provide you with an unlock code. You can access thier chat @ http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch 

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat