cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my phone be unlocked?

Journeyman

Can my phone be unlocked?

I bought a Sprint iPhone 5c on Amazon that I would like to unlock. I know that in the past these iPhone 5's wouldn't be unlocked for domestic use but as of February of this year they will? Is this true? If so how much would it cost and could I get it done at my local store? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can my phone be unlocked?

Sprint locks their phones via the SIM card and WILL NOT unlock it for domestic use, no matter what they say elsewhere on these comments.

The good news is: There is a way out of the unlock problems at a  better price too. We got tired of talking to their service people and getting the same run around about unlocking for domestic use... BOTTOM LINE: Sprint will not unlock any phones from the past, only going forward in 2015.

So I took an iPad 4, an iPhone 4S and an iPhone 5S  to Ting - mobile that makes sense , a Sprint reseller recently. The iPad and 5S I got from Apple directly so they are unlocked and using the Apple SIM that came with them. The iPhone 4S was unlocked for Ting with their tech service rep's help so it works too.

We have cut our bill from $150/month to around $50 for all 3 devices. Still on Sprint circuits, but unless we go nuts with data or international calls, we should save a bundle each month.  I believe any iPhone up to a 5s can be transferred.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat