Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Problems

Go to solution
Journeyman

Gmail Problems

I am trying to add my personal gmail account to the phone's settings. I have verified my gmail password multiple times on my desktop but the phone is not accepting the password and synching my mail and contacts. I have deleted the gmail account on the phone multiple times and tried to use the password with no success. What should I do?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Gmail Problems

Actually the issue was simply if you use 2-step notification with Gmail, you have to set up a special app password for iPhone vs. the password you use to log in to Gmail on a regualar basis like from your desktop. Once you do and enter it in the phone's settings, it works. So problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard that if you download the gmail app from the app store, it works better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the issue was simply if you use 2-step notification with Gmail, you have to set up a special app password for iPhone vs. the password you use to log in to Gmail on a regualar basis like from your desktop. Once you do and enter it in the phone's settings, it works. So problem solved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

dga68,

I am glad to see that you found the answer! If there is anything I can assist with, please let me know. I'm here to help!

Thanks!

*Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat