Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail Problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Gmail Problems

I am trying to add my personal gmail account to the phone's settings. I have verified my gmail password multiple times on my desktop but the phone is not accepting the password and synching my mail and contacts. I have deleted the gmail account on the phone multiple times and tried to use the password with no success. What should I do?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Gmail Problems

Actually the issue was simply if you use 2-step notification with Gmail, you have to set up a special app password for iPhone vs. the password you use to log in to Gmail on a regualar basis like from your desktop. Once you do and enter it in the phone's settings, it works. So problem solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard that if you download the gmail app from the app store, it works better.

Journeyman

Actually the issue was simply if you use 2-step notification with Gmail, you have to set up a special app password for iPhone vs. the password you use to log in to Gmail on a regualar basis like from your desktop. Once you do and enter it in the phone's settings, it works. So problem solved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

dga68,

I am glad to see that you found the answer! If there is anything I can assist with, please let me know. I'm here to help!

Thanks!

*Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat