cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought an iphone 5c having troubles NEED HELP!

Highlighted

I just bought an iphone 5c having troubles NEED HELP!

Ok, so i bought an iphone today, first time using craigslist, bad experience lets say. I bought the phone for very cheap $175. He told me it was a clean esn i just believed him. He just said switch out sims and youre good to go. I went to sprint store and the previous phone owner had a back bill of $160 so they wont let me transfer the phone to my plan.. what are my options? Would getting a new sim do anything, or is it all about the serial number? Super sad and would like help

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: I just bought an iphone 5c having troubles NEED HELP!

It wont work the sim is only for 4g so no matter it still wont work

Journeyman

You could sell the iPhone for parts, or you could ask I they will let you pay off his bill.

You could also file a fraud claim against the seller if you want to go the legal route.

Journeyman

You got punked

Journeyman

Well what u can do is resell the phone on the Craigslist or even eBay and just make sure u let the other buyer know the situation some people would still purchase with bad esn and they have a away of unlocking it because they will send it overseas or you can trade it in with sprint get another phone those would be my options to you good luck.

Master

derekjamesbutler,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Moving forward we suggest checking the esn before taking ownership of the device. If you would like us to check it for you, please send us a private message with the esn.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

How do we send sprintcare a private message though? Eh!? @SprintCare

Master

Chetsingh08,

We do Apologize. You can click on the Sprint logo with the rep's name and it will give you an option to private message us. We'll be happy to check the ESN for you. Thank you for your help.

Thank you,
April
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat