cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint sold a used iPhone 5C (Claiming it was new) to me as new phone. Shouldn't I Be able to get my money back ? or a better phone ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint sold a used iPhone 5C (Claiming it was new) to me as new phone. Shouldn't I Be able to get my money back ? or a better phone ?

I purchased my phone August, 14, 2014, 32GB iPhone 5C, After a week or so of use. The phone started to restart its self while it was on the charger and it continued while it was on the charger. It happen every once in a while. No Data was Erase, it would just freeze then restarts it self on its on. So this past Friday, i was scrolling through my phone, it freezes, and go out basically while it  was on the charger, i tried to power it back on it didn't work, i took the charger out and tried powering it on didn't work. I plug it into my laptop, it said my phone was in recovery mode, i click restore iPhone, it didnt work error code 14.

I went to sprint, they tried to do the same didn't work, they couldn't get past the itunes and charger screen. They told me to go to the Apple store, I told the guy the same thing. I bought the phone brand new out the box a month ago, its still in warranty, i never open it, no water damage, no damage to the design of the phone. He told me it was a problem with the lighting cable pins in the phone itself  (error code 4005), he found a replacement phone , took a look at phone in the back. he came back and told me that can't fix cause the parts in the phone was changed and the serial number was missing. I said i bought the phone brand new and told me that they might had  sold a refurbished phone if the parts was changed as a new phone.

So can i get my money back or a better phone if they sold me a used phone with a missing serial number and problems only after a week use???? They pretty much told me it was a brand new phone and i paid over two hundred dollars for it

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Sprint sold a used iPhone 5C (Claiming it was new) to me as new phone. Shouldn't I Be able to get my money back ? or a better phone ?

Sorry to hear this. That sounds Weird and I'm certain there is more to this story. I'd like to hear what happened in detail. Please PM (privae message) us and let us know what Sprint store you purchased the device from and where you took it for repair or to exchange.Also send us your account information so we can research the account and find out what's happening. Looking forward to hearing from you & a speedy resolution. - Erica
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat