cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail won't play...please help

Journeyman jac
Journeyman

Voicemail won't play...please help

So, when I am on a call and get a second call that I let go to voicemail, the voicemail won't play.  It shows in the list as 0:00.  If I turn off/on my phone, the voicemail will show up and play.  Getting tired on powering down my phone all the time.  I have the most recent Apple update (though it was happening before the update, just not as often).

Help please

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: Voicemail won't play...please help

jac,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Have you updated your phone using ##873283# or ##clear# since you completed the Apple update? If not, please attempt these updates and let us know if the voicemail issue continues after the updates.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman jac
Journeyman

I tried ##873283# because I saw it in a reply to a similar question for an iphone 4S, but it didn't work.

Master

jac, Let's try this. Go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network settings. The phone will power off and back on. Once the phone is back on dial ##25327# and call. Once that is completed dial ##873283# and then call. Let me know if that works. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman jac
Journeyman

I have already done that because we are supposed to get 4G where I live and we don't, so they recommended the same fix.  It didn't work for either problem.  My husband has the same phone and the same problem.

Journeyman jac
Journeyman

So, I sent a message to sprint care and was told they did something on their end and asked to do the reset and ##update# again.  I did and now my voicemail won't play at all.  I can't read their emails beyond the first two line because it is all HTML code after that.  I would appreciate another suggestion as to how to get assistance.  Thanks.

Journeyman jac
Journeyman

Please disregard.  The woman from Sprint Care called me.  Thank you so much for the help.  I truly appreciate it.!

Journeyman jac
Journeyman

So, what I have learned is that visual voicemail is linked to voice signal, not data signal, so since I have only 2-3 bars in my home, my visual voicemail sometimes doesn't load.  So, for now, I can dial in to my voicemail by pressing and holding 1 (I really should have known that, but I've become reliant on visual voicemail) and I DON'T have to turn off my phone.  YEA!  Also, Sprint is sending me an airave to help me get better voice signal in the house.  Thank you Sprint!

Master

jac great! I am happy to hear that someone was able to contact you and get it resolved quickly. Let us know if anything else comes up. - Sarah W
Sprint Social Care
Master

jac, sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for providing the details. We appreciate it! - Sarah W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Do I have to have data or wifi on to recieve visual voicemail?

Master

kmb1991 - Yes. In order to receive visual voicemail, you have to have data or wifi. - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat