cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive some text message on iPhone 5s

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't receive some text message on iPhone 5s

I recently switched to Sprint 6 days ago and purchased an iPhone 5s. I took my number from Metro PCS and put it on Sprint. Ever since, I can't get text messages from about 6 people I know of. I tried resetting my phone, turning iMessage off, and resetting the network all multiple times. I went to multiple Sprint stores and called as well. I called a corporate store and they said the problem can still occur even if I get a new phone and that it can take up to 7 days for the information from Metro PCS to switch over. As this ever happened to anyone else with any iPhone?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Can't receive some text message on iPhone 5s

ryansam1296,

Thank you for posting and for reaching out to us with your situation. Are you still experiencing issues receiving text messages on your new iPhone? I see that you have tried some troubleshooting steps with your device. Have you tried updating the data profile by calling ##873283# followed by power cycling the device? Please let me know, I look forward to your response.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My reply was deleted as spam.

Bad enough my wife's iPhone 5S couldn't call or text for 14 hours straight, but now it's like Sprint is trying to cover up the issue.

Seriously, though, I had a similar problem.  I tried everything including a full restore.  Nothing got it working.  Then, 8 hours later, for no reason, the phone started working again.

Sprint claims there was no network issue, but what else could it be?

The iPhone 5S has a new type of radio that is supposed to work with the "spark" network, and people have been reporting connectivity problems all over the internet with this, the Nexus 5 and the LG G2.

I am very alarmed by the possibility that my wife would be left without any ability to call anyone, including 911.  This phone may have to go.

Master

phreddo

Thank you again for reaching out on Sprint Community. We can look further into the concerns you have with the device if you'd like. We are not covering up anything. Therre may not have been an outage duing the time the techs checked your wifes service on her phone. Does the issue still persist? we can always double check the area also.  Have you taken it to a service and espair location? Let me know. If the issue persist with her device only, I do suggest having it checked at a service center. Keep us posted if you have any further questions.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat