cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Dropped Calls iPhone 5s

Journeyman

Constant Dropped Calls iPhone 5s

I'm experiencing dropped calls on my iPhone 5s every day now.  Issue started about 5 days ago, whenever making calls, about 3 to 5 minutes into the call, it just drops.  I get disconnected from cellular network, then reconnects.  This has occurred at various locations (both in Florida and Virginia).  Running IOS 8.1.1.

Any help on how to narrow down or resolve the problem would be appreciate.  Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Constant Dropped Calls iPhone 5s

MichaelJulie:

Thank you for reaching out to us via our forums and I'd be happy to help with this.

Upgrades are still taking place in the areas you've mentioned and throughout the country. If you experience any connectivity issues in an error, I suggest turning LTE off as this will diminish those issues. Also, enabling voice roaming may also decrease the connection issues as well.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Jon, appreciate the response.

I have disabled LTE, I'm not clear on what enabling/disabling voice roaming would do.  Is there more information on voice roaming I can refer to?

Also, is there somewhere I can reference to determine what upgrades are occurring and more importantly when they will be finished?

Thanks!

Master

MichaelJulie:

Enabling voice roaming will allow your device to connect to any carriers tower for voice should capacity issues be stopping you from connecting to Sprint's. To check or change your current roaming settings, please go to Settings > Cellular > Roaming to check or change (enable/disable).

There isn't a site that illustrates those areas still being upgrades or provides dates by which upgrades are going to start or complete. If you let me know which areas of those states you were/are in I will gladly check them out for you to be sure.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thanks Jon, I'm going to give it a day or two, see if anything improves.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat