cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I. AM. SO. OVER. THIS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I. AM. SO. OVER. THIS.

Sooooo Sprint has held my money for the iPhone 5s hostage for almost 2 weeks now. Why am I annoyed? I've seen more than ten people who've received their devices in less time FROM SPRINT! Lol! Seriously, I HATE this company right now. I haven't re-started service yet, and if canceling didn't mean that I'd have a nightmarish experience it'd be over already! I've never quite had such an experience. To top it off, I ordered the phone 12 days ago, and I got a bill 2 days ago saying that I owed them money. When they took all of the money for the phone upfront. Their Facebook page warns new customers to beware. I'm backing out while I still can. When I get this phone, I'm gonna see if I can get my money back instantly at a store so that I can be done with this company. This is absolutely horrid. Never ever again! I understand that they can only fulfill orders with what Apple gives them, but COME ON! People have ordered and received in 2 weeks or less. FOR THE SAME DEVICE!

For the Representative who will see this post and try to help: I'll warn you. You cannot help me if you cannot provide with the timeframe of the delivery my order. I am not speaking of your standard "4-8 weeks from order date" If I hear or read that again, I will scream at every Sprint employee I ever see again. Lol! I am rolling my eyes in the back of my head every time I chat with someone about this.

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

Totally get the rant, but I am curious (genuinely, not just to dismiss or anything!) What are you told on the phone when you call and make them escalate you to a supervisor? Of course online or with a normal phone rep you'll get nothing and nowhere, but when you get a supervisor here in the US, what do they say to you?

When I had a problem with my order, that was the only way I was able to resolve it. I got some rep from another country, who I couldn't understand and just kept trying to get me to buy one at the full upgrade price. Trying to tell me that I had attempted to upgrade for the cheap upgrade price and it failed, so I have to now buy it full price. (LOL What??) Called back several times until I got escalated to an American supervisor, and my issue was resolved inside 40 minutes (I was on the line the whole time, they were straight up and didn't transfer/place me on hold). Now the phone is on it's way, due today. It's not a 32GB Gold, just 16GB Space Gray which has the lowest wait time, but had I not done that I wouldn't even be expecting it at all at this point. If you get ahold of a supervisor (especially located here in the US) I see no reason why they couldn't give you answers if nothing else. I wouldn't expect them to give you an exact date though hopefully they could, but they should be able to explain the situation with you guys having ordered earlier and others getting them first, or what this situation is with the bills.

If you haven't already, I recommend you do the same on the phone. And if you have and had a negative result, what was it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well every single time I ask for the escalations department, I'm intercepted by them. They like to pretend to try and solve my problem, but essentially only say the same thing over and over again. They don't really want to put you through to anyone higher. They discouraged me with the time it will take to receive my refund. I've also read about horror refund stories. I've (of course!) ordered the 32 GB gold. Lol! You would think that because I've already paid for the phone through SPRINT that I can go and pick it up at SPRINT store, right? Wrong. Oh so wrong. I just really don't understand. So I decided to not chance not getting my money back in time enough to buy a phone before I leave the country and try to wait until the 2 week mark. If I have no tracking number at the least, I'm done.

I'm going to try the supervisor route. I just feel like they can definitely just give us more information about where we are in the cue, or a smaller window of time for the ETA of our devices. You know? It's their warehouse for Pete's sake. I'm sure it has a phone. They ARE a cellular company, after all. It just feels like they're picking and choosing who gets what first. In the stores, phones are only for brand new customers. I'm wondering if that's what's happening. I ordered on the 31st. So I have an 8 week wait. It seems like the people whom they've given that time frame to are the ones who will suffer while the other people get them sooner as promised. It just seems so unfair. If the refund was instant, I'd cancel and pick one up in silver. Lol! I don't even think I like the gold  anymore. Isn't that a shame? Lol!

I like to see your post. You give very useful information. Thank you for that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand completely, and it's confusing for sure! I don't understand why you can't just get one in the store either, that is a bit ridiculous. They should have no problem pulling up your account and saying "Oh, yes it shows here you already paid, so let me cancel that order and just give you one of these phones". I know that's NOT how it works, but I don't understand why, like you. Seems simple enough to me! Also, the refund deal... Do NOT let that scare you. They are right, it can take a period of time before it goes back in. something like 7-10 business days. But if it fails to do so in that time, you won't be stuck in a limbo of "where's my money". At that point, you drop Sprint, and go to your bank or credit card company immediately and resolve it through them as an unauthorized charge. At that point you had agreed to a phone. It didn't come. Then you agreed to accept the window (7-10 days or whatever it is) and that has passed, and once it passes, it then becomes an unauthorized charge and they cannot hold your money up any longer. You will not under any circumstance lose your money unless you don't realize that's an option

As far as calling... Some advice. It took me a LONG time to get someone useful. Again, shouldn't be that way, but it is. So I'd just calm yourself, know it's going to be a bit of a struggle, and plan at least an hour or two block to handle this. Call, and ask for a supervisor, and tell them you want to speak to someone in the United States, as you need someone local to handle this. Don't accept a no, or let them do the circle jerk of trying to "help you". Politely tell them you've been this route a dozen times, you're not interested, you need a supervisor here. If they keep playing, hang up, and call back. Do it as much as is necessary. Took me like 6 times.

When you do get someone at that level, calmly and as politely as possible explain to them the situation. Tell them you have been jerked around this far, and you would like if they keep you on the line as you work through this. I so very much wish anytime I had a problem I could directly reach the woman I dealt with, she was amazing. I'd go into it expecting they can't rush it or give you an exact date. Just so you don't get disappointed. But there is NO reason they can't explain the queue issue with fresher orders for the SAME model going out first. Maybe something is wrong in the system with your particular order and they don't even realize it. Maybe there's some other reason altogether. And if in the end you want to cancel, they should have no problem doing that. And again, don't be scared by the "possible" long wait time. Usually it's a few business days, not even 7. And if it's more than 7-10, deal directly with your bank or card company and let them handle it. Also ask about the billing thing and don't let them go until you FULLY understand what is happening there with the bill for the cost of the phone again. Sprint is different than other providers with how they do billing and sometimes it can be confusing, and sometimes they completely screw up like anyone, and need to fix it.

Biggest points - Plan at least a couple hours. Hang up and call back as much as necessary, don't get into the circle of "let me help you". Stay calm. It's reasonable to be upset, but keep in mind they are dealing with pissed off people all the time. A calm voice and understanding attitude even if you're faking it, calms them and makes them more willing to help you. In my case I even got the sense that she was doing extra work and trying to maintain the call because it was probably a rare point in that day with all the confusion that she wasn't being yelled at or talked to like she just stole a million dollars from someone. Even if that's how you feel, try to not show it. It gets you further, believe me. Please, thank you, yes sir/ma'am, I appreciate it, no problem, the whole nine yards It may well be that whoever you get doesn't have an answer to a certain question. Rather than getting furious and handling it in such a way, be calm still. Be like "I understand, but is there any way PLEASE that we can try to find someone that does? You guys have my money and I want to be your customer but I need to know what's going on or I have to cancel".

It's frustrating. It always is when we order the latest phone or device from such an "in demand" company like Apple. Especially through a third party. But when you finally have it in your hands you won't even remember

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for all of that. I do, in fact, speak to the representatives with the utmost respect and consideration. I know that they can only do and tell us what they've been instructed to. I make sure to let them know that I understand that, but I'm having a hard time not knowing when I will receive my phone and ask if there's any way that anyone can decipher when I could even POSSIBLY expect it. I was getting the 4 week expected day at first, then it turned to 8 weeks. I was like, "Oh yeah, soooo great!" The only things I haven't been able to do is 1) get through to a supervisor 2) speak to someone whose first language is English. I have nothing against the other people, but I can't understand them a lot of times. So I'm going to prepare myself for this and give it a go. I'm just tired of chatting and all of that. Whenever I check my order, and then chat, the person's name is always either "Angie" or "Brandon". Lol! Thank you so much for all of your help. You're really a great person.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh I wasn't trying to say you've been rude at all! But some people who may come later, may not realize it It just always gets us further even if we are completely enraged and furious. I'm sure you've been completely polite!!

But I would really just set aside time and ask specifically from the start for an American supervisor. If they play, just say "Are you trying to tell me you won't forward me to an American Supervisor?" and if they say no or keep playing, just hang up and call back It is extremely annoying but it's just what we have to do these days it seems with any company, they all send work overseas like that. Oh right, it's just a matter of understanding. Half the time it wasn't even that I didn't understand them, it seemed they were the ones not understanding what I was saying to them, lol.

Yeah, online seems automated or near it, I wouldn't even bother with chat. The forum staff are helpful when you get them, but they don't seem to often respond to threads much, and even if they do, you really need a supervisor here.

You're welcome! thanks! You too!

Edit: And boom, you got a staff member here to reply Hope they can help you!

Message was edited by: EnBlaHimmel

Highlighted
Wizard

kaneswife,

Thanks for posting. Please private message me with your Sprint number and pin and we will see what can be done to assist you.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Girl please, there are people who have been waiting six weeks plus. Be grateful you ordered your phone later and will get it in less than four weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am trying to be patient. Have you not seen in other posts where people have been quoted time frames and they've been exceeded? Fear that I will meet that same fate is what brought on my rant. I found some very helpful answers here, unlike yours. There's no need to disregard how I'm feeling just because you THINK I will receive my phone faster than the aforementioned early orderers. I appreciate the opportunity to come here and get some positive feedback. EnBlaHimmel is an example of one of the people that can be depended on for that. You saw the title of the link and decided to click on it and just be rude. Next time, just pass it up. K? Thanks.

Journeyman

Again I say girl please. There was nothing rude in my post. You are ranting and raving because you didn't get your pone in two weeks flag. Did YOU not see the countless posts of people you have had to wait six plus weeks? Again I say you should be grateful. Sprint has been shopping newer order ls first which you would have also seen if you had read. Until you wait 4+ weeks, you really can't say anything. Especially if you ordered a gold. And calling them is not going to do anything to speed up your order. Sorry, not sorry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, but that's incorrect. Calling can help immensely. It did in my case. Online status is often extremely delayed or flat out wrong. Chat is automated, and useless. Forum posts from staff can be helpful, but are exceedingly rare and for something like this usually end up resulting in telling you that you have to call. When you call, if you do it right, don't act like an idiot, and get to a supervisor, it can indeed help speed things up or correct problems, or at the very least get answers to questions.

In my particular case it was the difference between getting the order or not getting it at all, as online showed it to be fine (as did chat, and one of the low level phone reps) and just be a matter of waiting, and it wasn't.

Never listen to people that make calling (and taking the time to get a high level rep) seem useless. Ever. They've got exactly NO idea what they are talking about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know this to be true. I've chosen to not respond to the other poster anymore. I spoke with someone who gave me some clarity on the situation. I do know that a lot of people got tracking numbers yesterday, and the latest date that I saw was the 28th. I ordered on the 31st. They must have run out of stock or something, so I guess I'll get mine with the next shipment. Who knows. Thanks for all of the encouraging words. Sprint called ME this morning to clear up an issue that I was having! I was like "Hey!" Lol!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat