cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new iPhone 5S with a low signal strength indicator and a 1x - Please help

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a new iPhone 5S with a low signal strength indicator and a 1x - Please help

I live in zip code 77381. I bought a new iPhone 5S because my iPhone 4 seemed very sluggish after upgrading to ios7. If I'm not on wi-fi, the phone typically shows one or two dots of signal strength and a 1X. Sometimes it shows 3G, but that is the exception. I have tried ##UPDATE# and turned my phone off and on multiple times. My home sits within hundreds of yards in the middle of 5 Sprint cell towers. The Sprint coverage map shows my home receiving the highest level (dark green) of data and voice service. I went to one of the closer towers and got 4 dots and an LTE signal strength. This was .54 miles (a half mile) from my house according to Google Maps. I've called Sprint customer service a few times in the past 5 days. People say they will get back to me, but haven't. There is a lot of road construction in the area and maybe they knocked one or more towers out of alignment. I find this very frustrating having been a Sprint customer continuously for 15 plus years. Can someone out there help before I return my phone and cancel my Sprint service? I have another 9 days in which to do so without penalty. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: I have a new iPhone 5S with a low signal strength indicator and a 1x - Please help

Edward0250,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can definitely understand your frustration. I’ll check into the area to get a better idea of what is going on. Please provide a nearby zip code and cross streets.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: I have a new iPhone 5S with a low signal strength indicator and a 1x - Please help

Hi. The zip code is in the first sentence in my initial inquiry... 77381. The cross streets are Pleasure Cove Drive and Leeward Cove Dr. Can you help? Only a few days left before I cancel my contract. Thank you.

Master

Edward0250,

My apologies for the delayed response, was the issue addressed? Please feel free to update this thread as you need.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat