cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just joined Sprint. Coverage is really bad. Have to move on. Help??

Journeyman

I just joined Sprint. Coverage is really bad. Have to move on. Help??

I switched from ATT to Sprint about a month ago.  Unfortunately, the coverage at home, work, elsewhere is really bad.  Tried to talk with Sprint several times (over a week).  Had to get ahold of.  Promises of tower improvement etc.  Anyway, the 14 days slipped by.  Decided to return equipment on day 16.  Sorry…out of luck. 

Anyway, am moving on to Verizon.  As I understand it, I have to pay $350 per line cancellation fee.  Right?  Also, the phone(s) are mine after that.  I plan to sell them to get as much as I can.  Is Ebay/Craigslist, etc the best?  Any issues selling the phone(s)?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: I just joined Sprint. Coverage is really bad. Have to move on. Help??

Contact Sprint support ad complain - also ask about a hotspot - I have the Sprint Airave and my connection at home is now very good as compared to sometimes connecting. I know others with hot spots and they all like it.

Note: The Airave works bets with VOIP.

Let support know how you feel - and good luck.

Journeyman

jetman,

Oh my! I’d hate to see you go! I’m happy to help! I can take a look into the area for you. May I get your cross streets and zip? Give me a chance I’d like to help.  Unfortunately if you do decide to cancel there will be an ETF you can find out more info by visiting http://bit.ly/XhpBpE. Once the lines are cancelled the devices will be cleared out of the system. 

Laura

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: I just joined Sprint.  Coverage is really bad.  Have to move on.  Help??

Thanks for all of the responses.  I have talked with Customer Service and Account Services until I am blue in the face.  I had been with Sprint for 15 years.  Left for Verizon when the took on the iPhone.  Went back to Sprint 30 days ago.  All of that didnt sway them in any way.  Told me I had to go back to the store and see if they would take phones back.  Had to be a 30 minute conversation.  Anyway..moving back to Verizon.  By the time I pay the ETF and then sell the phone, I should be OK.  Thanks again.

Journeyman

Why did you leave Verizon?

Journeyman

Long story.  Definitely made a mistake.  Did it for one family members coverage issues.  Thought Sprint would solve it.  She was on ATT.  I was on Verizon.  Big mistake.  Switched all to Sprint to solve one persons issue.  Verizon is great.  I made a big bonehead decision.

Journeyman

Yeah, I've heard bad stories about AT&T with some of their coverage issues, but I'm scared of the data usage with Verizon! I know their service is quick so I may have to pay a lot for data cause I would probably use it more often.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for about 8 months and should have never left ATT. The coverage stinks and I am dropping calls all the time. I am probably going to bite the bullet and go back to ATT. You get what you pay for. Very dissatisfied!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat