cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5S Gold Est. 2 Month Wait??!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 5S Gold Est. 2 Month Wait??!!!

I signed up for Sprint service on 10/28/2013. I ordered  the IPhone 5S Gold and did not realize how far out the waiting list is for this phone as they are saying that it may take 8 weeks to recieve the phone. It is INSANE to have to wait almost two months before I can have a phone??!! I signed up for service because I need a phone . Anyway, if anyone has any updates or have ordered one late in October please let me know if you have recieved any updates I will do the same. 

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5S Gold Est. 2 Month Wait??!!!

DGIC2013,

Thanks for reaching out! I know waiting can be tedious. The inventory provided to us by Apple is very constrained, which is why our delivery times are longer than usual. I do apologize for the wait.

Jazmine

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I ordered my IPhone 5S on 10/24 and was told 4-6 weeks but when I checked the status this morning it says it will be shipped next week. I have been a happy sprint customer for nearly 20 years and it is worth the wait even though waiting is inconvenient. I am using an old phone I had until it arrives. Just be patient and you will be happy you waited. I am constantly hearing others with other phone services complaining and my response is always the same, "I feel for you but I've been a happy sprint customer for many years and I plan to continue with sprint." Good luck to you.

Journeyman

Thank you very much for your reponse! This makes me feel alot better about this and I see that it is speeding up a bit. I dont mind a wait, just a two month wait is a little extreme but its good to hear that it is moving along quicker than what I expected. Hopefully I hear something soon. Let me know when you recieve yours. Thanks!!

Journeyman

I ordered a gold 32gb on 10/21 over the phone through telesales..still no confirmation. This wait is insane

Journeyman

ORDER IT ONLINE!! (online apple store) I ordered my 32gb two days ago and i already got a confirmation date that it gets to my house on November 8. I also put myself in the waiting list but sprint is useless when it comes to new iphones. They only receive about 10 - 15 every shipment

Journeyman

I purchased mine directly from Apple about two weeks ago. If there is an Apple store near you, you can check their inventory and pick it up that day.

Journeyman

I looked at my confirmation thread and it said that if you ordered before 11/1 it will be shipped out within 8 weeks and if you order it after that it will take 4 weeks. Does that make ANY sense or do I just suck in math but, does that not mean that the people that ordered AFTER 11/1 will be getting theirs sooner??!! Now I am confused. I wish I could cancel this and just order it directly from Apple . I am hopeful that this moves along faster than what they are saying FORREALLL!! Frustrated

Journeyman

Ordered 5s gold 16g on 10/23 nothing yet, they didn't hesitate to take the money out my account though, I see people who ordered after me getting their phones...getting really annoyed.

Journeyman

I ordered the grey not gold but instead of 4-6 weeks I received mine yesterday. It has to be apple only giving sprint a small number of phones because I've been with sprint for many many years and I continue to say 'I'm a happy sprint customer' good luck I hope you receive it soon.

Journeyman

Same boat here.  Ordered Gold 32gb on 10/1 - still waiting.  There's anectodal reports that Sprint is shipping newer orders first, which likely means those of us who ordered and were told "8 weeks" will not get our devices until the 8 weeks is up (if then even) and those who were told shorter times will get theirs first.

Journeyman

That is totally unfair... and I was told I couldn't cancel because order has been processed

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat