cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5s 1x/3G connection failure

Journeyman

IPhone 5s 1x/3G connection failure

I upgraded my 5 to a 5S last month And can only connect to my data while on wifi. If I'm not using wifi the connection says 3G but when I try to use the internet/apps/email it doesn't connect and switches to 1x. I went to the sprint store and the employee did several factory resets with no success. He then told me to go to the apple store to replace my phone for another because my iphone was under warranty. I did so, and still the same issues exists. It's clearly not Apple if I got a completely new phone and still the same problems. What is going in? HELP !

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5s 1x/3G connection failure

Its Sprint network not the iPhone.

Journeyman

I see I'm not the only one with the problem. This is ridiculous and frustrating.

Journeyman

It is definitely sprint service. I have been experiencing the same problem and i have been to apple store many times to switch my phone only to realize that sprint is playing games. i have been calling customer service almost everyday trying to see what the issue is, and i come to a conclusion that we the customers are being spammed by this company. first time i called the customer Representative said " we are working on the towers around your area its not going to be done until the end of the month" a day later i called again another representative told me the opposite " it doesn't seem like we are doing any work on your area your service should be fine maybe you just need to go to apple and get a new phone because it could be antenna  problems on your device" after she was done bullshitting me i told her listen i called a day ago and another Representative told me the total opposite of what u telling me now. she said "oh im sorry let me consult with my supervisor" and as she put me on hold she gets back to the phone 5 minutes later and started giving me more bullshit about how it was a mistake blah blah blah. Im tired of sprint i only got a about 5 months left with them cant wait till im finish with the contract and hopefully till then someone files a lawsuit against them. This company is so full of it, they even tried to spam the government for money look it up they are currently being sued by the government.  but anyhow if you want to see how they bullshitting people call more then once aday and see how many different bullshit response you'll get .

Master

SP121870, Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! We definitely want you to have services in your area. How long has this been taking place? Please provide the cross streets and zip of the area so I can take a look. Keep me posted! Thanks, *Justin Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I got the 5s in January 2014 and continuously go into 3G in which it Just spins and spins. I have complained via phone and in store to sprint. I get told on phone "we are working on towers"...I was told this a year ago! My mom has same phone with different carrier and her 3G (when in that mode) will connect and mine just spins and spins. I reset my network settings 3 or 4 times a week and do the ##update 3 or 4 times a week. I have been a VERY loyal sprint customer and am tired of the run around.

Journeyman

I need help with a similar problem. I just bought an IPhone 5s and have a Sprint plan with unlimited data.

The reading in the upper left hand corner of the phone switches back and forth from Sprint 3g with one, two or three bars to Sprint LTE with one or two bars. Occasionally it switches to Sprint 1x. I do not see any association between the switches and what I am doing with the phone.

I am in Seattle with cross streets Sand Point Way and 65th St NE. According to Sprint coverage maps, I am supposed to have good to excellent 3g coverage at this location. There is no 4g LTE coverage in this area. What I have is confusing and poor coverage.

Please, community and Sprint service, what do you suggest I do?

Betsy1943

Journeyman

Zip is 98115.

Master

Beeryan1

Thank you for bringing this to our attention I'll be happy to look into your area and see what's going on with service around you. To narrow down the towers that service you may I get your zip and cross streets? Also what network setting do you have your device set on? Let me know here to help.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

As indicated in my two messages above, cross streets in Seattle are Sand Point Way and 65th St NE and zip is 98115.

Is there supposed to be 4g service in that area? Sprint list of cities covered and coverage maps indicate there is no 4g coverage in Seattle.

Why do I sometimes get Sprint LTE as the source of signal -- showing in upper left hand corner?

Thanks!

Journeyman

Randi-

I forgot to answer your question about network setting. Where do I find network setting?

Master

Betsy1943

Thank you for the info. Yes LTE is in the area not all the towers have been upgraded service may be impaired till fully complete. You can find your network setting under Setting > General > About > Tap Network. The network issues you are experiencing is due to the cell site optimization and upgrade that is happening in your area. The issue occurs when your call is transferred between the newly upgraded cell sites and to ones that have not yet been upgraded. Sprint is working hard to fix the issues at this location and complete the market level change. As the market gets closer to completion you can expect to have fewer dropped and blocked calls and see improvement in data speeds. I have reported the issues you are experiencing to our network teams so they are aware of your specific location. We are continually monitoring the area and addressing any issues as they arise.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat