cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5s 1x/3G connection failure

Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5s 1x/3G connection failure

Randi, Sprint Social Care,

The LTE signal is rather weak. It is usually one bar and can shift erratically to no bars. Does it make sense to disable LTE until the signal is stronger? I tried turning off "enable LTE." The 1x signal I was occasionally getting seems to disappear. I then get a consistent 3g signal with one, two or three bars. Still not very strong. Is there any way to enhance the 3g signal?

Betsy 1943

Master

Betsy1943,

Thanks for the post. Turing off LTE is recommended until things get better in your area. This allows more allocation of resources to go into finding the best 3G signal. Please try dialing ##873283# to update your profile. This will make sure that you are properly connected to the network.

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

Sean,

Thanks for your help.

Betsy1943

Master

Journeyman

This problem has been going since the iphone 4s and continues with the iphone 5s it seems Sprint can not fix the problem.The solution for me is to leave Sprint as soon as my contract is up.

Regards,

alcoco

Master

alcoco1,

Please allow me to look into this for you. Can I please start with your cross streets and zip so I can research this and see if there are some Network issues possibly causing this? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow. I had the same issue when the iphone 5 was released 2 years ago. I pre ordered it from Sprint.com. I had the little o in the upper right corner constantly showing up. Returned it for an S3.

How the heck does Sprint still have this issue 2 years later?

Master

BengalsFan75,

Thank you for posting and providing us some feedback. If you have any questions or require assistance please feel free to post and let us know.

Have a great day!

Lucia
Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint data sucks!!! I can never access applications and the like if I am not on my home wireless network.  LTE is a bunch of BS.... mostly get 3G even though I am in an urban area!  It drags and to pull up infomration or to view videos usually fails.  Also regularly drop calls on a daily basis.  Sprint service is awful.....  Still have 18 months on my plan .... wish I never left AT&T

Master

jasz17

We are rebuilding our network, but I'd like to verify that you're being affected by that. What are your cross streets and zip, please?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Lucia,

Yes I do need help with my phone.

Can you tell me how to get Sprint to replace my device at no cost to me?

Thanks.

Master

Usually we replace the phone when you make an insurance claim on the phone. Those usually involve a deductible as well so they would not be free.

-John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat