cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5s Up To Two Weeks

Journeyman

IPhone 5s Up To Two Weeks

So I ordered my new IPhone 5s Space Gray 64gb the other day Nov. 4th, of course like everyplace this is still on back order.  What I am hoping for is some clarification on the wording within Sprint's website stating that there is 'Up To 2 Weeks' before this would ship.  I am hoping to get this before i go on vacation for the holidays but a little worried about their phrasing.  Does this mean that I have to wait two weeks before it would ship? could it ship sooner? could it take longer?  I understand the Gold IPhone is what everybody is wanting which is one reason why I went with Space Gray hoping to get it sooner. 

I guess the real question here is does 'Up To 2 Weeks' mean that it will be no longer then 2 weeks or does it mean that Sprint is just making things up and it could be 6 months?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: IPhone 5s Up To Two Weeks

I am completely aware that you won't like the answer But it means it can take up to two weeks before it ships. As it was explained to me when I ordered, it just depends. We both ordered the Space Grey, and it's by far the least in demand model. So ours will ship far faster than say, the gold. But they can't give an exact timeframe because Apple itself does not give SPRINT an exact time frame. They don't have a steady stock, have no idea exactly when they will get the next one or how big it will be. Apple is as always, terrible on launch. They always hype their products endlessly and produce FAR too few (and knowingly do so for calculated reasons). As much as we and the carriers hate it (because they are the ones that have to deal with us getting angry, not Apple) Apple loves it. It's insanely good publicity for them, and just look at how many are eager to cancel their order with Sprint for example, to go pay even more money directly to Apple just to get it faster. They do it on purpose, and they do it every time. It makes a fortune for them, and they will never stop doing it with new product launches.

Sprint only knows what Apple tells them. They have no more information than we do. Anyone who has told you or posted otherwise, has absolutely no experience with getting a brand new Apple product so close to launch, through a third party like Sprint. Or they are being purposefully dim and trying to just spread fire for no reason. Blame Apple, not Sprint.

Anyway, the way it was explained to me (and has worked in the past with new Apple products through third party dealers) is it can take up to two weeks. That means it could ship tomorrow, or it could ship in 14 days. It will take an additional 2-5 days after it ships. So the latest you SHOULD get it, is 19 business days.  The earliest could be less than a week. We can't know, and Sprint doesn't know either. Apple does know, but hopes you'll get frustrated and cancel, and pay them directly. So they're not likely to be too clear on it with us, or with Sprint.

Journeyman

EnBlaHimmel,

Thanks so much for the information. I kinda figured this was the answer I would get which is perfectly fine. I just wanted to see if 19 days max was realistic or if was shot in the dark.  I know SPRINT is doing all they can to fulfill orders and they have their hands tied because they have to go to APPLE to get devices.

Thanks again for the information.

Journeyman

You're welcome! I know a lot of people here are angry and venting. But just keep in mind this is calculated and purposefully done by Apple, and Sprint really wants to make everyone happy. People are having all kinds of theories about Sprint, but I am sure they would LOVE to send us all our phones and accept our money rather than deal with angry customers and dropping orders. I believe they genuinely want us to get them as fast as possible. And Apple, I don't blame them either. It's good business for them. People get mad at Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT, but not Apple. They run to Apple to get the device faster.

People just really have to keep in mind that when ordering the newest iPhone, iPad, whatever... Especially if it's within a few months of launch, through a third party... you're going to be waiting. Period. And probably for quite some time, in the dark as far as information, and especially if one wants the most popular model.

Just keep in mind that they are trying, and really when you think about it... Even if it's a full 19 days (or more for the in demand models), how cool will it feel when we actually get it? 19 days isn't too long to keep using this old phone anyway

Journeyman

I also ordered an Iphone 5s 64 GB Space Gray on Nov 4th. I had a similar question at that time. It's still Day 9 today and no information is forthcoming from Sprint. After reading the posts of the other readers I hope, Sprint has my order in line. I'm hoping to get it in "19 days" hopefully. Let's see.

Journeyman

Keep in mind that's also business days. Holidays and weekends don't count towards it

If you have any questions I am sure you can call and find out what's going on or at least get some idea.

Wizard

jdsmash827,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're wanting more clarification on the confirmation time frame quoted for you to receive your iPhone 5S. Unfortunately, it simply means that it may be up to two weeks before your device is actually shipped from the warehouse. Once it's shipped, depending on the delivery option selected, you'll receive the device within a few days. To stay up to date as to the status of your order, make sure you track it every so often by visiting www.sprint.com/myorder.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the update.  I actually got my tracking number today so it looks like it shipped in 8 days so that is fantastic!

Wizard

jdsmash827,

Thanks for replying. That's even better. Looks like we under promised and over delivered. It's always good when you get something sooner than you expect. It's like opening a present Christmas Eve. I hope you enjoy your new device.

Best Regards,

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

I also got the tracking info today. So that's great.

@EnBlaHimmel-Regarding updates from CSR, they don't have any more info then whats available on sprint.com/myorder.

Journeyman

Oh, man24 they do. If you get to the right people. Sprint.com/myorder originally had my order all kinds of messed up, and when I called not only were they able to verify that the page was incorrect, but kept me on the line as they forced my order through (not shipped it early mind you)

Maybe not in all cases, but from time to time at least, they do have more up to date or more accurate information. It's always worth a call.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat