cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s SIM card issues

Journeyman

Iphone 5s SIM card issues

I can not activate my iphone 5s because the SIM card that came with it doesn't work, I bought the phone from amazon and the sim is old and from the sellers old phone he no longer uses. How can I get a new SIM card to activate my new phone?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Iphone 5s SIM card issues

aeriol92,

Thanks for reaching out to us.  Have you been to a Sprint corporate service and repair store yet?

*Shannon

Social Care

Journeyman

Same thing happening! No iPhone 5s simcard in the stores, not corporate or repair stores!  They don't even have a clue it has to be a ICCID card instead they are saying to "go buy one from Apple". Apple does not sell it because it's a "SPRINT" service card. Had to order one from Sprint International after over an hour with the customer service center. Got it for free and took only 2 business days. HOWEVER.....the SIM card I received is "not compatible" with the device! This was after confirming with agent a gazillion times the card is for an iPhone 5s. This SIMCARD thing sprint created is so horrible!!! Oh and still no phone till who knows when!

Master

Pychotdog,

Thanks for your post. Please private message us with your pin and Sprint number so we can help activate your device.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi,

I got the iphone 5S without SIM card and I got the SIM card from Apple store. but when I tried to get help of active iphone at Sprint store at pasadena, ca.  they told me the SIM card that I got from Apple store is for 5C so I went back and asked Apple (manager and tech) they told me they use 5S and 5C same SIM card..   and they said I should go back to get Sprint people to active the phone ...       So I came back.. the store person told me same they get error message when they call in to help to active phone..  What should I do ?????     

My 2 years contract was due and I want to stay with Sprint but if I can't get help ...   I should just switch to other carrier !!!!     

Please advise..   what should I do or can you send me 2 SIM cards.  I have 2 iphone 5S need to be active and use my current plan..

Journeyman

any one has any suggestion ?      does that means I can't get help from Sprint ??   

Master

nick_la,

One of our Worldwide Care representatives will be more than happy to assist you. Please contact 888.226.7212 at your earliest convenience.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I really don't understand !!  I ask for SIM card active and you reply call customer service to active my worldwide service ???  

doesn't sounds you know the problem I have ???   should I post online and let other know the service is like this?? 

Master

nick_la,

According to solutions offered to customers who have similar concerns, the best and fastest way to obtain the nano-SIM is from our international department. If your issues go unresolved please let us know.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman mel
Journeyman

I have spent the last week getting the run-around from sprint on this issue! I will save you MUCH time and headaches. The only way to get a SIM card in most cases is call the the customer service number and order one. I called and of course the sprint store does not carry the inventory. I ordered one on Sprint.com and they sent me the only one they offer and it DOES NOT FIT! So i called and yes the only place  you can get it is on the phone ordering. It costs MORE of course! About $7 for standard and much more for expidited shipping.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat