cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint throttling back data on unlimited plan?

Journeyman

Sprint throttling back data on unlimited plan?

On my iPhone 5s I've recently noticed that image quality has been reduced on all browser types and web pages. Facebook, Instagram etc working fine.

I'm using latest version of IOS 7 and have cleared cache in browsers. All works fine on wifi. So it has to be on Sprint. I really hope it is corrected soon. I have been a customer for a long time and I pay for unlimited! Can anyone offer advice otherwise before I contact CS?

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: Sprint throttling back data on unlimited plan?

scuba4046,
Hello, Thanks for reaching out. Please follow the steps below and let me know if this helps.
.1. Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone

2. Tap on Genera

3. Now tap on Accessibility.

4. Choose the Larger Type option.

5. Turn the option to On and then drag the slider left or right to adjust the font size again.

Ash, Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response but no this didn't help. Against everything that told me this wasn't going to work I tried it. I really don't see how adjusting font size could help with poor image quality. If that was the case it would be a problem while connected to wifi as well. When using my hot spot option and connected with my Samsung note 8 I get the same results. Poor image quality! Everything tells me I am being limited on data on an unlimited plan.

Journeyman

Thanks! Wow! Six hours after my last comment it suddenly starts working correctly. Thanks for not limiting my unlimited once again.

Master

scuba4046,

We're glad to hear that your service has improved. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint doesn't throttle unlimited data plans. Download the speed test app and test your data speed

Journeyman

They sure are I noticed it about 4 days ago...takes forever to go to a page...extremely disappointed! !

Journeyman

Julian - The man was being sarcastic, are you from india by chance?

Craig - That is completely not true.   I've been throttled for the last three months.   The best way to get around it is restart phone and hope that I'm on long enough to acquire the data I need.    Sprint just released a statement saying they would throttle the top 5 percent of data users on their unlimited plans, and all of their Customer service reps play stupid and pretend it doesn't happen.  In reality, when I get throttled my interent completely stops, it doesn't just slow down to prevent excessive streaming.   I can't even check my email on a daily basis due to the throttling.

Master

rnt102,

I definitely understand your frustration and truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please send us a private message by visiting http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to provide the requested information. By you sending us the private message, it allow us to review your account to see what is causing this to happen.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Apparently the person that called me a basher explained it as I'm abusing the premium service by listening to music...  I fricken bought the HTC to listen to music while I was working and now I'm throttle so I can't even check the internet.      Seriously, if you guys don't life this throttled data, I will be leaving by Monday. 

Journeyman

Lift*

Journeyman

they will throttle your data when you reach over 5GB trust me you will notice very slow data speed. Best use wireless when you are at home.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat