cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Ownership/Release a device

Journeyman

Switching Ownership/Release a device

I recently sold my iPhone 5s. I went through the process of a factory reset, as well as unsyncing the phone to my apple account beforehand. Today I recieved a message that they were informed I needed to "release" the phone. I of course went to google not understanding this issue. I found a sprint form with instructions on how to switch ownership but it asked for the phone number of the account releaser. Im not trying to release my phone number tho just the device. My question is..

How do I "release" this device so they can activate it without releasing my phone number as well?

And..

How is the phone still synced to me if I upgraded in store in November to a brand new device.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Switching Ownership/Release a device

Can anyone help on this topic?!

Journeyman

Re: Switching Ownership/Release a device

Once you do factory reset, and use the "Remove a Device" to separate your phone from your iCloud account, you also have to have the device removed from your Sprint account.  Have you activated a new phone on your sprint account?

I sent you a PM with a link.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat