cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from android to iPhone separated, out of order, and cut off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texts from android to iPhone separated, out of order, and cut off

I'm using an iPhone 5S iOS version 7.1.2. This problem started a couple weeks ago...or maybe when I updated to the newest version, not sure.

Anytime I receive a text from an Android Verizon phone to my Sprint iPhone, the text will cut off after about 10-15 words and send in two or three separate text messages, usually coming out of order...this is not the typical separation after reaching 160 characters. Normally the whole text itself is well under 160 characters. Even super short text messages will still cut off after a few words, and the 2nd half or 3rd part will come in a totally separate text...often minutes later, and sometimes never at all.

Any idea why this is happening? iPhone issue? Android? Verizon? Sprint? HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Texts from android to iPhone separated, out of order, and cut off

That's awfully specific, Ahoudy17.  Is this happening with just one specific number or more than one? Just wondering because you so specifically state that it's happening with Android on Verizon. Do you happen to know if the other party is using a 3rd party app to text from or the stock messenger? - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat