cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade cancellation

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade cancellation

My contract end date was 10/13/2013. On 9/22/13 I did an upgrade. I traded in my old phones at the Apple Store.  Now I have 14 days to make my decision. I'm not so happy with the "LTE" speeds at Sprint in my area. So what's going to happen if I cancel my upgrade? Will I go back to my old agreement? Or can I just port my numbers now to Verizon? Cancel first or port the numbers? I don't want to pay ETF. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

greg523102,

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with your service. The best thing to do is to return your phone to the store first. This will set you back to the previous contract. Then you will be able to port your numbers to another carrier.

I would like to look into the issues you are having with your LTE. Can I please have your zip code and cross streets?

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Stephanie,

The speeds are slow here at 60634 Narragansett Ave / Irving Park Rd and Harlem Ave / Irving Park Rd
2 bars for LTE mostly it's 3G

Thanks!

Highlighted
Wizard

greg523102,

Thank you for the locations. The tower that services the first cross street has not yet been upgraded to 4G LTE. The other towers in the area are 4G LTE but it will depend on which tower you are connecting to as to what data you will be getting. I do see that the tower is scheduled to be upgraded to 4G LTE in the coming months. Can you tell me what kinds of speeds you are getting on the 3G. I can report them if the are slower than they should be.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Stephanie!

I did stay with Sprint finally.

I'm very happy about the recent tower upgrade at 60634 Narragansett Ave / Irving Park Rd, now the phone works perfect I'm getting up to 10Mbits down and 4 up.

There is only a problem at my work area... Chicago 60634 Harlem Ave / Irving Park Rd, even when I have 2/3 bars LTE the speed is 0.2 to 0.5 Mbit down very slow in this area, could you please check on that?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Wizard

greg523102,

It is good to hear that you stayed with us. I have reported the the slower data speeds on the tower you listed. Techs will take a look and get it faster as soon as possible.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat