cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth updating my 5s 16gb to 8.1?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Worth updating my 5s 16gb to 8.1?

Just got an iPhone 5s 16gb yesterday and I noticed it came with iOS 7.0.3. Is it worth updating to 8.1? I've been reading that it takes up a lot of space. Any advice or clarification?

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Worth updating my 5s 16gb to 8.1?

iamdestruktor2,

Are you satisfied with the functionality of the phone now? Here's a few details on the features that come with the updates: http://bit.ly/XROBVP . Tell me what you think. - Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I'm satisfied with the iOS I have now. I was simply curious about the storage space takes up as I've been reading its pretty large. I wouldn't want to upgrade and then regret it.

Wizard

It's a worthwhile update and works well on a 5S. 

No, iOS 8.1 doesn’t take up a lot of space.  Compared to iOS 7 it’s negligible.  What it does take, is a lot of space to make “the install” of iOS 8.  You’ll need almost 5 GB of free memory.

If you don’t have enough free memory for the install, plug your iPhone into a desktop/laptop PC/Mac using the supplied Lightning USB cable.  Open free iTunes (you’ll need it on the PC), your iPhone will be recognized and Apple will ask you if you want to do a software update.  Follow the directions, start the install, and leave your phone alone (don’t mess with it) until it’s all done.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat