cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

No it's not giving me an error message Latonya. I haven't tested it out yet outside of a wifi area, but I will and will let you guys know. Are you saying Sprint should not be preventing this new feature in iOS 8 from working?

Master

1Unhappyperson - How can I help you today? I'm here to help. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Journeyman

Okay, these look like automated responses from Sprint. They seem very generic and are not responding very specific to anyone's question.

Journeyman

@BrittneySprint Social Care

I don't know what it is you can do for me beside give me direct answer on why sprint chose to block the new hotspot feature offered by Apple .....this is a feature offered to me because I purchased an Apple product where in the contract does it say SPRINT CAN RETAIN ANY FEATURE THAT A PHONE MANUFACTURER PRODUCES TO KEEP CLIENTS BUYING THEIR PRODUCT!

Master

JLW_D8S,

Thanks for your chat today. I'm happy to help with whatever you need.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Myfi - that is all i have to say / i refuse to let sprint dink me around more than they already do. I pay to much for shitty service ( yes - i can stand in 1 spot in my own kitchen and never make a call - 2 feet to the right or left and i get 100% service ) I refuse to pay 28$ more a month on a already ( more than my car ) inflated payment. Myfi is just fine for me and it works. I find that just like car insurance the cell phone companies are finding the best way to empty all your pockets slowly.

Master

1Unhappyperson I understand how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately, the hotspot is an add on feature, which has a monthly fee that varies, depending how much GB you will need on your device.

Mirleine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I think we're all aware of the hotspot service we can pay for. But I already pay for unlimited internet on my phone, and 3GB on my ipad. I'm not going to pay you for a service that is a part of my phone's operating system. Other carriers are allowing it (I'm sitting in an airport and see about 5 people using it)... So why aren't you?

In other words, quit being corporate and start concentrating on customer service. I've been a Sprint customer for 8 years. Don't make me walk away over your greed.

Journeyman

@DrewS75 Gotta agree with you there. If they're not automated responses, they are at least responses from inadequately trained personnel.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get the fundamental issue across to support:

"Apple aims to take this functionality a small step further in iOS 8 with Instant Hotspot, a new feature where iPads and Macs intelligently discover when an iPhone is nearby and automatically list the device under Wi-Fi networks in Settings. When an iPad is no longer using your iPhone’s cellular network, it intelligently disconnects to save battery life."

At every turn, I'm more convinced that Sprint will continue to fall into the "May include an additional fee or requirement. Contact carrier for more information" category.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe it is automated somehow. Many of them start out the same and end the same and seem as though they don't even know what question is being asked. Very generic.

Also, it's not only Sprint. I've talked with someone that's with AT&T and they can't use it either. They said AT&T doesn't allow tethering in this way for their grandfathered unlimited data customers.

Master

VIPER447,

I see where you're coming from. We offer a plan that includes the Mobile Hotspot service. It's called the MyAll-in plan and it's $110/mo. It comes with 5 GB Mobile Hotspot service, unlimited data, talk and text while on the Sprint network.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

. Mirleine Sprint Social Care ..... im not looking for what sprint has for sale ....I'm looking for what Apple is trying to give me and I think I pay enough for my service now for my 5 devices.....and for the issues I have with the service that sprint has not fixed.. Atleast they could do is allow me to use a feature that Apple is allowing me to use.......Sprint wants to be tight with the money......but it's not like with this feature I can power any wifi device.....I mean come on the tight pockets at AT&T are letting their customers use this feature.....I bet they would like for me to bring all 5 of my devices to their network.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat