cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Hi. It's been a couple of days. Is anyone going to properly address the message from Sep 30, 2014 4:28 PM, or is Sprint in "I don't really care" mode?

Master

MrBeny, Hello there. Have you tried to connect the Continuity Instant Hotspot to another device while your wifi is turned off? Also, have you performed any troubleshooting to the device? - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is anyone monitoring these forums empowered to do ANYTHING worthwhile for its customers?

When I asked "What service, other than nonsensically paying reps to publicly differentiate between tethering and hotspotting, are you actually providing me that even remotely justifies charging one cent?" the answer given was this: "Hello MrBeny, How may I help you today? Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care"

When I asked it again, then followed up 2 days later to ask if anyone was paying attention, it took 5 hours for  "the Sprint team to come up with this: "MrBeny, Hello there. Have you tried to connect the Continuity Instant Hotspot to another device while your wifi is turned off? Also, have you performed any troubleshooting to the device? - Beatrice Sprint Social Care"

My question was not about technical issues, and if Beatrice or anyone else would read the posts, they'd know that.

Can someone please break the cycle of:

1. Customer asks question

2. Sprint rep doesn't quite answer question but instead quotes policy

3. Customer elaborates and asks again

4. Sprint rep quotes policy, doesn't answer question and/or answers a completely different question

5. More customers become unhappy with lack of answering question and seeming inability for Sprint rep to understand question, and also standard cut/paste answers.

6. Sprint rep asks how they can help.

7. Customers become more amazed that Sprint could set up a system where the team is this clueless.

8. Sprint reps are clueless to fact customers are upset (or why) and give answer to a different topic

9. Repeat of 1, customer asks question again and cycle repeats.

I flagged Post 61 as Abuse Reported, since the definition of abuse is "use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse." Sprint reps are abusing those trying to use the forum correctly by answering questions not being asked and refusing to answer the ones being asked.

I chose "General Abuse," but it may be "Impersonation," since one must assume no company would ever hire and maintain customer service reps who are this clueless.

Master

MrBeny -Thank you for the constructive criticism. Please let us know how we can help you. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

MrBeny -Thank you for the constructive criticism. Please let us know how we can help you. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care

Hi Ramiro. If you'd like to know how you can help me, you can answer this question: What service are you actually providing me that justifies charging anything at all for Personal Hotspot, if I'm paying for a fixed amount of data and the functionality is already built into the phone?

The same question put differently: Since I've already paid for the data, and already paid for the phone and what it can do, aren't you just taking our money for nothing?

The same question put differently again: If I pay for a liter bottle of soda, and I pay for a cup, why are you asking for more money for me to use a different cup for my own soda?

The scoreboard so far:  We've been failed miserably and serially by Sprint in providing an answer to this by Crystal G, Latonya, Brittney, Laurel, Mirleine, Stacy, Liz, KC, David, Christy, Latonya (again), Sophia, Liz (again), Mitzie, Barry, Andy, Sharon, Beatrice and Ramiro. That's 19 different responses over 19 days, not addressing the actual problem.

The only one who gave an answer that comes close is Carl, who should be congratulated for rising above the standards apparently set by Sprint Customer Support...TWICE!....and he didn't actually answer the question either. He's just the only one who is reading the comments and responding with some intelligence.

OK, Sprint. Let's see what your next person coming into this does. Do we get a real answer, do we get a clueless "how can we help you" or do we get a non-answer that points us to what we already know is available and thus the purpose for our complaints?

Master

MrBeny,

I completely understand where you are coming from. However, this is our current policy and we do have to abide by it. Please know I will do my due diligence for you and pass this along to those with the power to make changes to our current policies. Please understand that this is not a promise that we will be able to change this, as Sprint has always charged for the Hotspot feature on any device, but I will make sure that your voice is heard to best of my abilities.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

While it is unfortunate that nobody from Sprint is empowered to either do something about it or admit that in charging for this "feature," Sprint is taking a significant amount of money from their customers while providing absolutely no service whatsoever, the fact that someone has finally taken a minute to read and understand the issue is refreshing.

Yes, the bar has been set THAT low.

The problem is that if anyone from Sprint were willing to hear our voice through Sprint Social Care, they would not allow this consistent carelessness by the majority of reps.

So nothing solved, but at least the thread can be cleanly closed.

Yes, our expectations of "success" have been set THAT low......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think its time Sprint stops charging extra for mobile hot spot. I pay for for the internet that arrives to my phone i should be able to use it how I please its that simple. If i choose to forward it to another device that is my right for the internet I am paying for. I think its a low blow, I don't have many complaints about Sprint but this one does really bother me as a customer.

Journeyman

I am actively looking for another carrier that will not charge extra for this feature of iOS 8. I should not be charged extra if I want to tether my OWN devices together.

Master

BBBWWW- Are you speaking about the Hotspot feature? - Steph
Sprint Social Care
Master

brzpr- Thank you for providing this feedback. We will capture it an forward it on. We really appreciate it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know. - SarahG
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You're missing the point of Sprint's whole concept of the Tethering service. If you want to switch to another carrier simply because you can't tether for free that's up to you, but the reason Sprint is able to offer Unlimited Data Plans to it's customers is because they don't allow their networked to be bogged down with all their customers tethering all day. Tethering really causes a lot of traffic on a mobile network and really slows it down for everyone, it's costly and expensive and this is why other carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile) allow people to tether with their plans, but cap their data. So if you want to switch and have your data capped, go for it, but then you'll be paying premiums for going over your data. So you decide, pay an extra (and reasonable) $20/mo for UNLIMITED tethering, or switch carriers, pay more monthly for your standard service anyway, and have your data capped just so you don't have to "add it on and pay extra" your plan.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat