cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Thats fine if they want to charge thats Sprints problem. What I have a problem with is the false advertising. They clame unlimited data when what they actually offer is unlimited data to your mobile thats what I have problems with. They need to make it clear and stop deceiving thats the only part of this I have a problem with. I don't like being given half truths or being lied to.

Master

asanders91- Thank you for posting. -SarahG

Social care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem I have is that the FCC ruled against Verizon in August 2012 for charging additional fees for tethering data. Sprint should not be allowed to go against this ruling. I expect the FCC will be interested in what Sprint is currently doing. I will be happy to join a class action to recover my lost $$$, should it come to that....Searching for others who are interested in a class action against Sprint regarding this.

Master

BBBWWW, Sorry to hear you feel this way. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. I'm here to help. - EricaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello to all,

I have been dealing with this issue with Sprint as a long time customer and I honestly don't appreciate the tone and I will call Sprint Customer Care directly in addition to posting my concerns.  The issue here is that whether or not the hotspot feature is phone based or carrier based that is an issue that Sprint should have worked out with the manufactuer and not pass on these cost or frustrations to the customer.  Bottom line I am an unlimited customer and that is why I do business with Sprint and now you continue to ask me to pay for the same service that you claim is unlimited.  Whether you have been getting over on your customers or not isn't a good customer service position to take in my opinion, in reference to the reply that apple has been providing this feature that you have been blocking).  So, Sprint Care, if I wanted to pay for limited service then I would have gone with a different carrier and not signed up for "unlimited" limited sprint service.  I am a loyal customer and believe that you are handicapping your business by not allowing me to use word of mouth advertising of your unlimited great service and bring more business like I would want to, instead Im here writing to you......

Journeyman

BLKQWON, Thanks for calling Sprint directly about this. I agree that their tone is pretty insulting (see previous Sprint response to my comment): "...sorry you feel this way. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. I'm here to help. - Erica Sprint Social Care"

It can't be any more disingenuous and insulting to hear something like that to so many customer concerns. Is the comment from a person or a robot? Perhaps Sprint just uses this forum to allow customers to make comments that they do not plan to address in any real way.

As I mentioned before, there is an FCC ruling against Verizon in August 2012 regarding disabling integral tethering. The FCC ruled against Verizon and fined them. Customers were rewarding with having the tethering enabled, as I understand it. Its really surprising that Sprint prefers to avoid the side of innovative technology on this issue. In the long run they could lose customers.

Master

BLKQWON, First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. This is not the experience that we strive for. Here at Sprint, we strive to make every customer experience a pleasurable one. I assure you, we are currently working with the manufacturer for a fix. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I personally filed a complaint with the FCC against Sprint on this subject hopefully others will follow and this will finally get sorted out. I really wish Sprint would do what is right by its customers so it would not have to come to this, but this issue has been going on too long. No more false advertising Sprint!!!

Journeyman

I personally filed a complaint with the FCC against Sprint on this subject hopefully others will follow and this will finally get sorted out. I really wish Sprint would do what is right by its customers so it would not have to come to this, but this issue has been going on too long. No more false advertising Sprint!!!

Journeyman

My wife was having the same issue on her phone and was not getting any help from the in-store personnel. I googled the tier 2 customer support and called in to 888-211-4727 and followed the options to the hotspot troubleshooting. I spoke with a very helpful lady who had me hit ##873283# on the dial keypad while I was talking with her on my phone, afterwards the phone said downloading update and was finished in about 15 seconds. I went in to the cellular settings and the personal hotspot option was now available.  Hopefully that helps all y'all out, if not try calling the toll free number and speaking with a representative.

Master

scubaninjas - Thank you for sharing that information. If you need any assistance please let me know and I will do my best to assist. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That only works if you sign up to pay extra for a mobile hotspot. This is why the FCC needs to get involved and stop Sprint from charging extra.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat