cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: iOS 8 Instant Hotspot (part of the new "Continuity" suite)

I just filed a complaint with the FCC regarding this issue. I would encourage others to do so as well.

Journeyman

asanders91 said $20 for unlimited tethering? Sprint has this available? I was quote 6 gigs for $50. I've been with Sprint before it was Sprint and I'm not happy with this. I have unlimited data so why does it matter if it's on my phone or computer. I see a class action suit in someone's future and sadly may have to say goodbye. My question to customer care is what

asanders91 said is true?

Thank you

Dr. Martzial

Journeyman

This is probably my last message here, since I switched to T-Mobile today. They do not charge extra for tethering. It came down to that and Sprint just remains aloof. Good luck everyone, bye.

Master

BBBWWW - Sorry to her we lost you as a customer. We are completing nationwide upgrades to ensure exceptional service all around. We hope to gain you back within the near future. - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Master

DRTJM3333, Thanks for being a loyal Sprint customer. We appreciate your business. For our mobile hotspot feature 2 gigabytes will be $19.99 and 6 gigabytes is $49.99. We also have plans that include mobile hotspot. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. - Clyde Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm with everyone in this post. Aside from crappy coverage, it's super disappointing to not be able to use my really expensive apple device/software for what it's designed to do when I have service. Two thumbs down Sprint.

Master

Hi SprintNeedsWork,

Thank you for informing us at Sprint of your coverage issue. What are the nearest cross streets and zip code where you're experiencing problems most. Let us know, we're here to assist.

Thank you,

Michael
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm happy I found this thread finally. After watching and Apple video about the instant hot spot between iPhone and iPad and seen some coworkers make it work I tried tirelessly to get this function to work. After hours of attempts I went to the Sprint store to get help where I receive no answers but a promise is I gave them $30 a month I could share data will all devices which I do not care for. I went to the Apple Store to get help where the employee told me they have got this to work on sprint networks but they couldn't get it to work on my phone. They said there must be something about my plan that is blocking this feature from being available. So after spending about $800 on two new devices one month ago that I should function together I have one that's pretty much worthless unless I'm on my home Wi-Fi which is not common. What ticks me off more is that this feature is available for some Sprint customers on some plans but not for Sprint customers on historic plans. Which means Sprint is purposely impacting customers that have been with them the longest. It seems a bad choice to alienate customers that have been with the company for 15 years. My $.02

Journeyman

Working with a manufacturer! The manufacturer has nothing to do with the hotspot. Sprint has unlimited data and it seems as though they throttle speeds as well as not allowing unlimited customers to use the data they pay for the way they want and need to use it.

Journeyman

What about the unlimited data customers who are on plans they are comfortable with already and don't want to change. If we are truly getting unlimited data it should not matter how we use it. I just called in and found out my data speeds were not where they were supposed to be(throttled). I found this out by a representative. Another issue is sprint semi unlocking of phones that are owned outright and no longer under contract. Sprint claims they only can give a code to take elsewhere to get the phone unlocked. Well I took the code to every other carrier and none of them were able to unlock it. Sprint practices are wrong especially toward its long dedicated customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This entire thread is absolutely amazing! LMFAO reading the interaction between sprint reps and MrBeny!!

Master

D_Salter - I definitely understand how inconvenient that can be, and I definitely will get things sorted out. If you may, please follow the link below and provide me with the information listed on the page. http://bit.ly/1qQty1X
- Charles
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat