cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s Sim Card Issue

Journeyman

iPhone 5s Sim Card Issue

Hello,

To start with I am extremely happy with Sprint but this issue seems be taking way to long to be resolved. I just bought a used iPhone 5s 16GB Gold from ebay and I confirmed with Sprint it is an Sprint iPhone. I never knew that you require a Sim Card so I started a Chat session with Sprint and after 4 Chat sessions and a visit to Sprint Store they sent me a Sim Card. I tried to activate it and i got a message saying that it is not compatible. Called Sprint and they were also got the same incompatible message. They asked me to go to a Store with Repair and Service department. I went to one near my house and they said they dont have any but they can call and check if other stores have it. They called 4 stores and only one them had just 1 sim card left. So I went to that store picked up the Sim Card and they tried activating and they said the phone is registered to previous owner and they cannot activate. I got in touch with seller he said he deactivated the phone from the Apple iCloud so now I tried activating the new Sim card I got message again saying that its Incompatible. Had a chat session again they told me same exact thing saying that it was not compatible. All this time I am making sure that I tell them its a iPhone 5S so then why was I sent the wrong Sim card before and also when I went to your Repair and Service center in West Covina they saw the phone and again they gave me the wrong Sim Card. My Phone is deactivated since a week and half and its a company phone so I am losing Money everyday. I am happy with the Customer Service but I have spent a lot of time on the Phone with Sprint and Apple with multiple chat sessions and also spending time visiting 3 different Sprint store more than once but still no resolution. From what I see here is that Sprint customer service and Reps have no idea on this issue and unfortunately I am loosing my time, money and patience. Please someone Please help to get this resolved and please dont send me another sim just ask me to go to store and activate the Phone for me. Please.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: iPhone 5s Sim Card Issue

PAAPIPANTHER,

Thanks for the post. The error message might have something to do with some of the configuration settings on the phone itself. Please, send us a private message here with your phone number, pin/security answer, and link to this post so we can take a more detailed look into this.

Pierre, Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I sent my personal details in pm please let me know if there is any updates

Journeyman

Same issue...

Journeyman

i am having same issue too

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat