cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s shipping confirmation thread.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5s shipping confirmation thread.

No, still waiting on mine. Ordered at 1 AM PST on 9/20. Was told "most likely" next week and this time I believe it. As odd as it is to say, I'm gonna have to put the blame on Apple for this one guys. I have checked tons of Apple stores and 3rd party places around and it seems that Apple was pretty focused on GSM models and the CDMA models that were delivered were mostly Verizon. Apple didn't make enough for Sprint and it's my suspicion that they waited until October 1st because many prepaids, e.g. Virgin, run on Sprint's network. So yeah, we got the short end of the stick, but it was worth the wait for me for $100 off each phone.

Journeyman

honestly i got to say i agree with you because alot of cdma carriers are now going to start getting the iphone 5s and the big one to me is virgin which runs off sprint so we have to start getting our phones this coming week i feel it

Journeyman

Actually I think that will result in longer waiting times for us. The more carriers you have to supply the longer people will have to wait. According to shipping charts I've found online for the gold it's 28-42 days for Sprint and ATT and 50 days for Verizon.

Journeyman

really?? i really hope not

since we have been waiting already im sure they have to start sending us our phones first before actually supplying other carriers?

For example sprint supplies virgin with iphones because if you buy a virgin mobile iphone it will first say sprint but then you have to do a network update that will switch it to virgin mobile so im sure sprint will send us our phones first then start selling iphones on virgin for those costumers

if not maybe sprint will get such a big supply this time they will do both at the same time that will satisfy demands on both virgin and sprint

Journeyman

I think they will start shipping next week i know they do not want to wait any longer that just means more work for them people are still able purchase it that just means they are going to have more then thousands to ship I'm still waiting for my space gray 16gb & 32gb to ship I was hoping the 32gb would ship first at least but nothing yet I'm crossing my fingers for it to ship before the end of today

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure how they work it but if Virgin just gets their phones from Sprint and it's not separate shipments than why wouldn't Virgin have started selling them on the same day as Sprint instead of OCT 1st? I think Sprint's inventory is completely independent from Virgins. Plus, Virgin is not the only one getting them in OCT. There are other small carriers (like in Alaska) etc that are going to be selling them as well on the 1st which will definitely increase demand because those carriers have never offered iphones before. Apparently, people who ordered the gold just after midnight from Apple are supposed to get theirs OCT 1-3. Apple will supply their own online store before the cell carriers.

Journeyman

Well however it works hopefully we start getting our phones we ordered first and don't get pushed back more because of that

Journeyman

I ordered a space gray 16gb from sprint telesales last Friday.  Still have not gotten shipping confirmation.  I had not received an order confirmation until after I called sprint twice and had to request the send me one.  Strange thing is the email is from virgin mobile and shows a different order number than I found on sprint website.  When I look up sprint order number there is no details other than the date I ordered.  When I look up the virgin mobile order number I see the standard message will receive within 3 weeks if order date.   This is all frustrating and confusing.  Hope to get word soon that it is shipping soon.  Wish I had waited to buy in person at a sprint store.  

Journeyman

Doubt it. Again, Apple prioritizes by size of carrier, as evidenced by the tons of Verizon and ATT phones available. Sprint is bigger than its prepaids.

On a related note, I was at the Apple store again later this night. 0 Sprint phones available and full stock of all other providers. Wtf is going on?

Journeyman

Apple needs to hurry up and send us our phones already.

Whats taking them so long

hopefully sprint starts sending them out this week already!!

Journeyman

Try and relax. Next time I'm forsure not going to order from Sprint.

Live and learn. We will get our phones eventually. Call around and try to see if Best Buy or Sprint stores have the model you want and cancel the order if you need it ASAP. Stressing won't make them come any faster. It is what it is at this point.

Journeyman

I talked to a rep not to be rude but she didn't know what she was talking about at all I couldn't even understand her she was saying 4-6 weeks but that's for people who ordered later I asked to speak to someone else he told me its possible to receive by next week because of the order date but he couldn't guarantee worst case scenario 3rd week the other lady I'm assuming didn't know much about what is going on I guess I'm getting impatient I'm tired of talking to reps about this situation apple should've been prepared so should've sprint the announcement was on the 10th.. They should've had phones shipped out then so they'll have on release date I'm starting to think sprint stores never had it to begin with because every sprint store supposedly sold out 10am where I live I highly doubt that but one best buy store had them for sprint they had a few didn't make it back in time for my copy this is ridiculous people already receiving their copy and we've waited a whole week now hopefully we don't have to wait another fingers crossed...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat