cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s unable to activate?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5s unable to activate?

So, I purchased a 5s through Apple's online store on the 4th of this month. Fast forward almost 2 weeks, I receive the phone from a friendly UPS guy. Unbox the phone, call in to activate, find out I have to manually do so myself through Sprint's website (???)... alright. Put in the MEID numbers on the back of the box, says invalid. Call in, supervisors tell me the same - invalid (despite it saying the carrier IS for Sprint in settings), and to check in with Apple regarding it. Call into their store, basically get a runaround of being connected to managers, then being told to call Apple customer service. Do that, get put on hold for God knows how long, only to be told over at Apple everything seems to be fine with the phone and there is no apparent issue, and that I should go into a Sprint store and inquire for a SIM card, which should help.

Three words... [inappropriate word removed] Should I even bother at this point? Would a SIM even help? Is that even an option? Or should I do as the Apple Store rep says, and to 'check in everyday for a new stock, and to bring in the one received in the mail'? Has this happened for anyone else?

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5s unable to activate?

oh, forgot to add - I also called a Sprint store in my area, and they were unable to help me as well, didn't even inform me about a SIM card option...

didi19,

Happy to help. Not sure what the issue may be, but the best place to get this issue resolved is to take your device to a Sprint service and repair center.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having the same exact issue. Apple's Engineering Department has even gotten involved. They insist it's Sprint's fault. Sprint can't find my MEID in the system. Saying that it will be 5-10 days to fix. That's RIDICULOUS. Please help.

Journeyman

I received no help whatsoever from Sprint or Apple customer service so I got fed up and went to an Apple Store. Turns out the guy there assisting me had a similar issue with his 4s, and explained it is infact a manufacturing issue with apple. Went into the back to get a replacement, set it all up, and walked out with a 16gb rather than 32gb like I originally ordered.

You're just gonna have to go into a store and see if they can do something. Sprint will not help you whatsoever. Called Sprint and even went into a store and both told me I basically got a faulty phone.

tbell9316,

I hear your concerns. If it is indeed an MEID issue, the process to fix the issue may be complicated which may explain the ETA. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman UEB
Journeyman

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5S IOS 7

No one can re activate the phone

called Sprint 24 times. Visited Sprint Store and Apple store

No one can activate my phone

UEB

Master

UEB,

I do apologize for the issue. However, were you able to request a replacement device from Apple? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

There seems to be a problem with the Apple I-Phones in general.  I recently purchased one after having had an adroid device and I can genuinely say it is problem after problem, including unable to send texts from locations where I never had any trouble, a draining battery, etc.  I do NOT like this phone at all.  My opinion is hype vs. technical ability.

Master

kimlap65,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rough experience with this phone. Any chance you are still within your 14 day return window so you can exchange it for a different model?

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So this thread is over a year old and this is still an issue?  We had to replace our daughter's iPhone 5c with a new one form Apple, and now cannot get the new device activated due to this MEID Sprint/Apple issue.  Sprint gave us great directions, but the MEID device number on this brand-spanking new factory ordered phone will not work.  In our family we have 5 iPhones, 2 iPads, and 2 MacBooks.  And get a weak signal from Sprint.  I am seriously considering switching carriers and OSs because we do not have time to deal with issues like this.  Just bought a Surface, and love it.  Not even sure we need phones anymore.  Onward and upward...

Master

plaw99 - We would hate to see you go! We apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you. To discuss this issue on a private platform, please click this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send us a private message. Please include the MEID. Thank you for your patience. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat