cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g LTE nonexistant speed or wont connect in Detroit

Journeyman

4g LTE nonexistant speed or wont connect in Detroit

Got the new iPhone 6 after upgrading from a 4s thinking I would finally get better speeds....WRONG.  Spending my cash and still not getting to use 4G is horrible, on top of constant dropped calls.  Checked the map and i am 1.5 miles away from the tower, when i do manage to get 4g LTE is hardly more then 1 bar, and my speed doesn't come in more then .20 MBPS down or up  (not a typo) ...my dial up does better then this.  I am still relegated to use 3g with a airrave from home to make a decent connection from home (this is a bandaid fix not a solution).  What is the point of unlimited data, sure you don't throttle it, its just inherently slower than (insert your choice colorful word).  Now with the latest conference call stating SPARK wont seen more than 5 markets, why should I think sprint will do anything to improve your existing sluggish LTE.

ZIP 48310

Cross street: 16 and mound road

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: 4g LTE nonexistant speed or wont connect in Detroit

GordonGekko2,

I know the importance of having a reliable service, so I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. I checked the area, and there is an outage that has impacted multiple sites. The network team is aware of this issue and is working diligently to get it resolved. - Michelle

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have not seen any such reported item on your outage map, I have had these speeds for the last 2 weeks at least, if not longer, what is the estimated time to restore for the network to bring it back to normal functionality?

Master

GordonGekko2.

There is an ETR for 12/27/2014. Please be advised, this is an estimate and is subject to change. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

- Michelle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No speed changes what so ever yet.. Still getting .25 Mbps avg down and upload speeds. Is there a newer ETR?? Is there even a technician working on this? Any specific reason for delay??

Master

GordonGekko2,

Have you tried using the Sprint Zone app to diagnose the issue? Use the following link as a guide http://sprint.co/1Apwrsg - Shaquille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I already have the Sprint Zone app and have repeatedly submitted reports about my issues with no response from anyone.  This forum seems to be the only place online that seems to have someone respond electronically.  I don't mind revisiting your app however other family members and friends in my area are having the same issue when in my area, thus it really isn't a device issue.

Below are the speed tests I have ran on my phone as you can see the speeds are paltry, as my 3G speeds are actually faster with less bars.

Regarding my original question in post #4 - can someone provide any answers or clarity as those questions are still unanswered??

unnamed.png

Master

GordonGekko2,

Please send us a PM follow the guidelines listed in the link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . We would need a more pierce location, so we can see the closest tower in your area. - Shaquille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have sent the PM with the requested information and resubmitted my location using the Sprint ZONE twice using GPS location feature as well as my mailing address. Both should allow a tech to see the towers relative location to my phone.. 

SECOND REQUEST - Regarding my original question in post #4 - can someone provide any answers or clarity as those questions are still unanswered??

*Is there a newer ETR?? Since sprint confirmed an outage what was the outcome, was the issue fixed?

*Is there a technician working on this presently if the outage is present?  As someone was supposed to be assigned based on sprint's response in Post #3.

*Any specific reason for delay causing these data issues??

Master

GordonGekko2,

I am showing someone is currently working on your Private Message. You should receive a response shortly. I did notice that the PIN in the Private Message did not work as I tried to access your account and it would not allow me access. The PIN has to be at least 6 digits. If you don't recall that then please provide the answer to the security question on your account. Please make sure you Private Message us that information. Once we have that information then we will be able to answer the rest of your questions. That will allow us to narrow down the towers.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for informing me about the PIN - I have forwarded the update PIN in a new PM.  Please let me know if you need anything further.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat