cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot complete setup of new iPhone 6 plus

Journeyman

Cannot complete setup of new iPhone 6 plus

I need help, I just reveiled my new iPhone 6 plus in the mail and was super excited. I followed all the instructions, went to sprints website and did all the activaction prompts after deactivating my current phone. Got the new phone set up but I cannot make calls or recv...calls and cannot text. I can use the Internet and apps because I was able to connect to my wifi. I called and was told they are aware of the problem and it should be resolved shortly. That was several hours ago and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do?

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Cannot complete setup of new iPhone 6 plus

MWOODWARD3123456,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention via Sprint Community. There is a provisioning delay at the moment, so please refrain from further attempts to activate the device, for that will only add to the current backlog. We strongly advise refreshing the phone every 60-minutes. Otherwise, wait for a bit and update its profile by dialing ##873283#. We apologize about this inconvenience--our IT team is working diligently to clear the backlog. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You might be a bit luckier than I am. I paid off the remainder of my easy pay (roughly $500) and ordered a new iPhone 6 from Sprint.

The device won't even activate. After speaking with (and having about 5 separate occasions of them disconnecting) still no resolve. I was told by 8pm CST, it'd be good to go! Welp, He stated there were too many people activating a phone at one time (bologna) that was definitely some guy just wanting a quick call before the end of his shift. Numerous other people provided no fix.

I basically forked out a few hundred bucks to be able to get an iPhone, only for it to not activate. They suggested going into an apple or Sprint store to see what they could do. That's very professional to pawn me off to locations when I'm extremely busy with work and holiday's. I'm pretty close to cancelling this horrible network and moving elsewhere.

Been with Sprint since 2009 and I feel like a complete idiot for going through so many pains through the years.

Master

ak4t7,

I absolutely understand your sentiments, but our IT team is working to resolve this matter as soon possible. The backlog is clearing quite rapidly; we should have it resolved very soon. Please heed my advice from the previous post and update the profile. We're here to help. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What do you mean by updating the profile? Also, is 'refreshing' the phone just restarting it?

Journeyman

I think that is what he means, I turned my phone off for thirty minutes. Just turned it back on and I got message saying your phone is activated. Finally, good luck man

Master

ak4t7 - Powering your device off and back on does not always resolve the issue. Updating your data profile is dialing ##873283# on your dial pad. This will populate starting service update, you would then select OK. The update will then confirm when it's complete.
- Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've done that numerous times while on the phone with a rep.. Tried every trick online and nothing works. I'm giving it another day and I'm making a switch to another carrier. I've had way too many issues.

Master

ak4t7,

I’m sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues getting your device activated. It appears that there was a provisioning delay, which negatively impacted you. Please let us know if you the device is now working for you.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yes my device is working fine now, thank you

Master

MWOODWARD3123456 - You are very welcome. I am glad that you are able to return to enjoying our wonderful Sprint products and services. If you need any further assistance, please let me know. - Kevin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat