Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

I cannot receive calls on my iphone 6 when LTE is on.  I narrowed down the issue by trying several different things.  This seems to only happen when I am at home.  EVEN WHEN I'M USING MY OWN HOME WiFi NETWORK.  I contacted Sprint and was given the typical update codes to dial and nothing helps.  This is the SECOND Iphone 6 I have had this issue with since it's release.  Best Buy replaced the first one at no charge.  My wifes phone works fine (Galaxy Note 3).  This is a HUGE inconvenience as I use my phone primarily for work calls, emails, etc.  I am traveling to Austin today and will not be able to drop my phone off to be serviced until Thursday.  I live in San Antonio. Cross street Canter Horse/Canter Spur ZIPCODE 78254.  What is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

thajasman, We would like to further investigate this issue. Please click here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X so we can further assist you today. We're sorry for the inconvenience. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Master

thajasman,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I researched the area using the cross streets and zip you provided me with. There are 4G upgrades currently being performed in your area, which could be affecting your service. We would love to take a further look into the issue for you. Please follow this link for more assistance http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife, as I said before, has the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with LTE enabled while on our home WiFi network.  She is not having any issues with her phone.  Not to sound discouraged, but it seems there are always "upgrades being made to LTE in your area which may be affecting your service." I was not having this issue with my 4s.  When were these "upgrades" started?  You can review my account, we have been with Sprint for more than a decade while my "Verizon friends" enjoy better service and fewer issues.  Just a little frustrating.  I find it hard to believe that I have had TWO iphone 6s in my possession and BOTH are having the same issue.  Is it possible the iphone 6 just has issues with LTE while my wife's phone does not?

Danielle, I appreciate your correspondence and any information would help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received a private message from Sprint.  I'm assuming it's in response to my ongoing LTE issue.  But when I try to open it, I get an "unexpected error has occurred" message.  I have tried refreshing, re-logging in, nothing works.  Still having the issue.  It appears to also happen when WiFi is ON AND LTE is OFF.  Fix this please.  I am growing very tired of my co-workers not being able to get a hold of me UNLESS I turn off WIFI and LTE when I am home.  Please resend message that did not come through the first time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same thing just happened to me.

Highlighted
Master

dasbk312,

Are you having problems with being unable to receive calls on your iPhone 6 while connected to LTE or are you having problems with reading a Private Message? Let us know, we're here for you.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can we focus on my issue? You went through the effort to respond to one part of this thread, perhaps we take care of an issue that are clear about?

Highlighted
Master

thajasman

Have you tried dialing ##CLEAR#
This will reset the connection between your device and the nearest tower off Shaenfield Rd. I do see that there is a current voice outage which started on the 15th and has not had a ETA as of yet. So that would be causing intermittent voice services for the time being.

Keep me posted.

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Krishel,

That appears to have worked for the time being!  I appreciate your response and apologize for my haste. Let's see if this fix endures!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem at my office with my new iPhone 6. My incoming calls do not ring and I do not receive missed call messages.

I tried using ##CLEAR# as suggested and it appears to work for maybe a couple hours. However, it ceases to work after awhile. This is incredibly problematic because I cannot know when my phone stops receiving calls until people start to email me asking me why I haven't returned their phone calls. The only permanent solution I have found is if I turn off BOTH Wifi and LTE. However, this is ridiculous if I have to turn LTE/Wifi off all day.

The phone does work at my house but it is unacceptable that I can't receive incoming calls at work as I cannot afford to miss important business calls. My office location is at the corner of Lavaca Street and MLK in Austin. I had always thought Austin was a major Sprint market. I upgraded from an iPhone 4S and this has never been a problem before.

Are there any other permanent solutions??????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Replying to SprintCare:

Can you take a look at my above question?

Highlighted
Master

thajasman, You are more than welcome. Let us know if you need anything else. - Currie Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat