Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

I cannot receive calls on my iphone 6 when LTE is on.  I narrowed down the issue by trying several different things.  This seems to only happen when I am at home.  EVEN WHEN I'M USING MY OWN HOME WiFi NETWORK.  I contacted Sprint and was given the typical update codes to dial and nothing helps.  This is the SECOND Iphone 6 I have had this issue with since it's release.  Best Buy replaced the first one at no charge.  My wifes phone works fine (Galaxy Note 3).  This is a HUGE inconvenience as I use my phone primarily for work calls, emails, etc.  I am traveling to Austin today and will not be able to drop my phone off to be serviced until Thursday.  I live in San Antonio. Cross street Canter Horse/Canter Spur ZIPCODE 78254.  What is the problem?

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the exact same issues. Tried the ##CLEAR# and also tried resetting the network settings. This is absolutely ridiculous. Been going on for nearly a month straight. Only seems to happen at my home. 37405 is the zip

Highlighted
Master

​godsey23, Thanks for reaching out! That's interesting to hear! Are you still having issues with calls on LTE? Have you toggled through the airplane mode and power cycle? Any chance you took it by a service and repair center? Let me know! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This certainly appears to be a widespread issue, not just some local problem. It is a problem here - zip 33559. When my wife and I received our phones a month ago, our phones would not ring for incoming calls when we were at home. After some time in chat, the tech suggested turning off LTE, which 'fixed' the problem for several weeks. We then went through a period when neither phone would ring at all. We are now back to not ringing if we turn on LTE. The phones seem to work fine if we are away from home (different cell tower).

It seems to me that Sprint has some serious issues with the iPhone 6 and some cell towers, and the problem is not getting fixed. Wish I had my iPhone 5 back.

Highlighted
Master

LATSHAWR --

Could you post your cross streets so we can pinpoint the nearest tower to our network technician?

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay.  Thought the problem was fixed with not receiving calls while LTE is active.  But now I am running into the same issue.  I have spent alot of time way from home the last few weeks so I haven't noticed.  When, upon SPRINT CS SUGGESTION, I dial the ##CLEAR# code, my phone is NOW saying it is not activated.  Is my tower still down?  WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX THIS ONGOING PROBLEM SPRINT??????

Highlighted
Master

thajasman --

We hear your concerns. We ask that you provide your zip code and nearby cross streets for further troubleshooting.

- Julian
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I HAVE ALREADY GONE THROUGH THIS WITH YOU GUYS. I HAVE ALREADY PROVIDED THIS INFPRMTATION.  TRY READING THIS THREAD. GOOD LORD SPRINT. CANTER HORSE/CANTER SPUR 78254.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I mean, you see that I initially started this entire thread, right?  Do you see this?  Are you paying attention?

Highlighted
Journeyman

And, BTW, let me save YOU some time seeing as your time is so valuable:

Turned off LTE

Turned of WIFI

Utilized ##CLEAR#

Utilized ## UPDATE#

RESET IPHONE 6

and my  wife/co-workers still cannot reach me.  Goes straight to voicemail.

Highlighted
Master

thajasman,

Let's look a bit deeper into this. Please send us a Private Message (http://bit.ly/1sPv5SH) with your full name, phone number and either the PIN code or the answer to your security question. We'd like to work on this.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

thajasman,
Did you get a chance to send us that PM?

- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

thajasman, We would like to further investigate this issue. Please click here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X so we can further assist you today. We're sorry for the inconvenience. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat