Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot receive calls when LTE is on Iphone 6

I cannot receive calls on my iphone 6 when LTE is on.  I narrowed down the issue by trying several different things.  This seems to only happen when I am at home.  EVEN WHEN I'M USING MY OWN HOME WiFi NETWORK.  I contacted Sprint and was given the typical update codes to dial and nothing helps.  This is the SECOND Iphone 6 I have had this issue with since it's release.  Best Buy replaced the first one at no charge.  My wifes phone works fine (Galaxy Note 3).  This is a HUGE inconvenience as I use my phone primarily for work calls, emails, etc.  I am traveling to Austin today and will not be able to drop my phone off to be serviced until Thursday.  I live in San Antonio. Cross street Canter Horse/Canter Spur ZIPCODE 78254.  What is the problem?

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Journeyman

Was there a solution for this issue? I started having this same issue two days ago, no issues prior to that, have had the iPhone 6 since October 2014 and have been living in the same place. It only seems to happen at home mostly while connected to LTE and when WIFI is on, but sometimes even in 3G calls will not come in at all. I called customer service, they gave me a few codes and it did not work, ##UPDATE#, ##CLEAR#, reset Network Settings, I also Erased the whole phone and started from scratch and still, same issue. Also, I went into a Sprint store that is a mile away from where I live and of course, no issues there, it worked like a charm, went back home and same issue... Actually, they treated me like I was stupid and did not know how to handle my phone... They supposedly verified and found no issues within my area... The only solution provided was to give it a few days... For what? They clearly told me that there are no issues in my area and I did not see them creating a ticket or anything... I am really concerned at this point...

I live by Cypress Trace Rd and Redleaf Ln, Houston, TX 77090

Highlighted
Master

JanJo83 - Thanks for the info. Looking at your area I see that there are two outages that are affecting service in your area. We are working to get this taken care of. This may be the cause of your issues. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there an estimate on when it will be resolved?

Highlighted
Master

JanJo83,

I'm showing the estimated time is repair is for the evening 12/07/14. Please keep in mind all times are subject to change.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my wife's iphone 6 plus.  It just started today that it isn't receiving incoming calls.  We can receive and send imessages, dial outbound calls, data works, but the only two things that are noticeable are no incoming calls and regular text messages.  I have already been instructed by a sprint tech rep to take it in for service.  We did all the above mentioned to reset the phone.  Nothing helped.  What doesn't make sense it that I have the same phone as my wife and it fully works.  Just my wife's phone does not work. 

Highlighted
Master

paksunwoo, may I please have your cross streets and zip code so I can review the towers? I'd like to look into this for you. - Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Burbank Blvd and Vesper. 91411. Just as an FYI, my iphone 6 plus is working completely fine.  Just my wife. 

Highlighted
Master

paksunwoo -

We've checked the area and were unable to find any reported outages.  Has she tried updating her profile via Sprint Zone? Please keep us updated.

- Cher

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

By going to Sprint Zone, what would that do?

Highlighted
Master

Go to Sprintzone and then setting, and network. Let me know if this helps. Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

That does nothing. This is starting to become laughable. Please help. Why can't you fix this?

Highlighted
Master

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. Please visit: http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq for instructions. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat