cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Ethics & Loyalty to Customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Corporate Ethics & Loyalty to Customers

Much to the frustration of customers, mobile carriers across the globe are experiencing far greater than expected order backlogs. Apple is the culprit as it undoubtedly did not provide carriers and vendors with contingent delivery delay projections at multiple increased order increments. The mobile companies, however, are the buffer and they should make every effort to keep their customers informed.

Given the extraordinary delays being experienced, the best step Sprint could take to reduce customer angst would be to post a table, similar to the one at http://www.sprint.com/ship , which is updated automatically with the order-to-delivery delays experienced by the most recent deliveries.

It would be a demonstration of corporate ethics and genuine service to customers, which always builds customer loyalty. It's good business!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

cyberbiker6, We are definitely putting in our best efforts to provide as much information as possible to all our customers. Our goal is to make sure that all future and current customers are satisfied with our products and service. We truly apologize for any delays in products. Please let us know if you ever need assistance. We are here for you. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are really trying to provide as much info as possible Sprint should publish the table I recommended above. It has the information and the talent to publish the table. If not, contract me to do it.

cb6

36 days and counting for gray 64i6

Highlighted
Master

cyberbiker6 - We will take this idea into consideration. It really will be a lot easier for customers to adapt to. - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered a 6 & 6+, both space gray and 64g on 11/12/14. Will I receive them before Xmas? If I don't, I will cancel the lines. Any customer satisfaction feedback?

Highlighted
Master

truckman1000- Thank you for reaching out. For your Iphone 6 and 6+, we are doing our best to have the devices delivered in 4-6 weeks. I apologize; we are doing our best and delivering as quickly as possible when Apple supplies the devices.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat