Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint supports 4G??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

Does Sprint supports 4G??

I recently moved to Sprint and I've noticed that my iPhone 6 Plus most of the time is in 3G and in rare occasions I get LTE for some seconds and it reverts back to 3G. I was told by the rep that I had great 4G/LTE coverage at my home and workplace. The only reason I moved with this people. Now I had to call an ISP to get internet at my house because there I only get one 3G bar and it even falls to 1x never seen LTE at home. In my work place is the same and almost everywhere I go. Now the thing is, why 3G and not 4G (I'm aware that 4G is basically a 3G on steroids, but it's better than 3G anyways). As rare as it is to see the LTE data icon I've never seen my device to use 4G. Is this a network issue or it's my device? My trial without penalties may have ended, but I might as well go back to my old provider.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Does Sprint supports 4G??

I have been fustrated with my iPhone 6 staying connected to LTE. When I drive on the interstate, even when I am in a big city. When the LTE goes down to 1-2 bars it always drops to 3G. The 1900mhz frequency is so terrible with LTE. Verizon and T-Mobile use lower 700-800mhz and it is so much better. So don't feel alone. It's a universal problem.

Master

No, the iPhone6 is an LTE device only, it doesn't support the old 4G network. It will fallback to 3G, but not to 4G.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Have either of you posted up your zipcodes and nearest cross streets so a CS Rep to look at the towers in your areas? Could be issues there.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

Sprint has 3 LTE bands out there..1900 is the regular LTE band that most people connect to..800 mhz for in building penetration...2500 for the much higher speeds...im wondering if your area just hasnt received the other bands as of yet. if/when they do that should free up the 1900mhz band quite a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

It doesn't? My iPhone 6 at T-mobile used all frequencies 3G/4G/LTE. I was able to choose what I wanted to use.

Patron

Well I called a cust serv rep and they told me to reset the network settings and use the service code ##873283# to re-register my device on the network. It worked! As soon as I pressed ok and whatever the phone/network did finished I had LTE everywhere I went to last night. The other issue persists... I still don't have 4G coverage, only 3G

Master

That's at T-Mobile, the Sprint version doesn't do that. It will only use LTE or 3G. Sprint is decommissioning the 4G WiMax network, as a result ,they don;t want to invest in the technology in newer phones. So the only phones that will use the old 4G WiMax network are the older phones.

--

GrandMaster

in Sprints case LTE IS 4G..so again...4G=LTE and vise versa. some of Sprints phones will actually say 4G....some will say 4GLTE...others will just say LTE..either way its still 4G.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat