cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had an iPhone 6, but now I don't. Thanks Customer d

Highlighted
Patron

I had an iPhone 6, but now I don't. Thanks Customer d

To go straight To the problem scroll down to the  BAD IDEA  portion of the article,

• On Sep 30 i purchased a Silver 16gb iPhone Plus by walking in to my local sprint store. I chose the 'Sprint Easy Pay' plan , and simply paid device taxes up front. I was even lucky enough to trade in my ancient but in good shape, iPhone 4 for a whopping $200(turns out that i got there on the last day that was offered)!!!  At that point i was in LOVE w Sprint.

• After a few days of learning to love my gigantic phone, i realized that 16 gigs not enough space for a high tech piece of art like this. APPS, MOVIES, your beautiful camera roll, etc.. I take care of my stuff (hence i had my iphone 4 for over 4 yrs!) so i needed to get a device in 64 or 128 GB.
  • The following 3 days, i began calling each of the 3 corporate Sprint stores in my area asking if they had any Iphone 6 or 6 pluses in 64gb or 128gb. They did not. Not one single model over 16gb.  i was told they were getting deliveries in DAILY, yet everything was 16gb.
  • I spoke with associates from various stores explaining my predicament: that I need an iPhone 6 or 6 plus with larger capacity, yet I only have about a week left before my return ability expires.
    • To these questions, I was typically met with an unsincere "keep trying back" , or sometimes a "what do i know?" Type expression.
    • Even Store Managers couldn't be bothered to provide any further help. "Well you could just use your old phone while the new one comes in.." This was suggested after i just explained how I gave my phone through the Buyback program.

• I'M well aware the phones are hot commodities, but if even your store managers lack even rudimentary professionalism, i'll spend hundreds extra a year at att or verizon.

• As the 14 day window to return any new Sprint phone continued to wind down, I decided to try searching other retailers like the Apple Store or Best Buy For a Sprint iPhone.

• BAD IDEA

• 7 Days after I purchased my 6 Plus 16GB, I find a Space Grey Sprint 128gb iPhone 6 in stock at my local apple store. I call the store in a frenzy of excitement, and explain that I would like to purchase that phone, but i would first return my 6 plus 16gb to Sprint.
  • I Was told Apple would not hold the phone. I said, "what if I pay the full price online, choose in store pickup, and we can just return it and repurchase with 'Sprint Easy Pay'?
    • The I Genius said this would work.  When going to the store in person that night, the other employees were reluctant, but were kind enough to try.
    • before going to the Apple Store, I Return my 16g iphone 6 Plus to the Sprint Store. I was assured that i should have no trouble adding the 128GB Iphone 6 to my account with no plan changes other than the slightly higher monthly device cost.

• I Was unable to have the new iPhone 6 128gb added to my account Without paying the full $850 for the device.

• the Sprint phone Rep, Porcia (#700156?) that we called to assist was clueless on what to do.

• As a result, I Currently have no cell phone for the first time in 14 years, yet i believe i am still being billed??? I urgently need to get contacted by a sprint rep that can provide more than lip service, and discuss with me a possible solution.

1. Does anyone know of a way that I can rent or purchase a very cheap phone in the meantime if i decide to order the phone i want?
  2. i See people have trouble Cancelling their pre-orders once theyre initiated and theyve found their device in stock at a local store. any way to get around this?

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: I had an iPhone 6, but now I don't. Thanks Customer d

Guslevy,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I can understand your frustration. We would like to look into your account. Can you follow the step in the following link. https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314 We are here to help. - Lamar
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat