Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 Broke Screen

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 6 Broke Screen

I purchased an Otter box a while back to protect my phone. I was on my way home catching the public transit and my phone falls face first while in the otter box case. When I picked my phone up, there was a line through the screen and now half of the screen will not respond.  Prior to that my phone has been acting glitchy, to the point where now my power button does not work (using the Assistive Touch Feature) and the home button my recognizing my finger print. 

Since my phone has dropped, the bottom half of my screen is unresponsive. I have to use Siri to open up apps and settings. I have been trying to get into my phone now for about an hour because my phone will not recognize my thumb print (which is the only finger assigned). I have been locked out for an hour and I just need to know if my insurance or warranty will cover the expenses to get another phone? If not, what are my options? I am due for an upgrade, but with all of these issues, I have already accepted that I will have to pay the remaining balance in order to upgrade. Is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I am in need of a funtional phone.

3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Iphone 6 Broke Screen

Good Morning! If you have insurance on your phone, you can file a claim at phoneclaim.com/Sprint. You will be required to pay a $200 deductible. Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

There are lots of places that repair iphone screens, the going rate is around $120 depending where you are.  The difference is Sprint will repair send your phone to Apple to have a genuine Apple part put in it, where as the other repair shops will use non-Apple parts.  Usually they warranty the screens.  

My daughter was notorious for breaking screens, and I was always looking for the best deal to replace screens.  I would have considered doing it myself, but I couldn't find a reliable source buying the screens on Amazon, so I decided not to crack the case myself.

GrandMaster

apple stores also do repairs/screen replacements. niece has had multiple replaced by them lol
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!