cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 and Sprint Airave

Journeyman

Iphone 6 and Sprint Airave

So, my iphone 6 wasn't connecting to my Airave. I called customer support. They told me if I turned off LTE and then powered off my phone and then powered it back on it would connect. It's true the phone i will connect to the air rave like this. However, if you turn the LTE back on it no longer is connected. I was wondering if anyone came up with any other fixes. It's frustrating because I don't want to have to turn off LTE and turn my phone on and off just so that it stays connected.

60 REPLIES 60
Journeyman

Re: Iphone 6 and Sprint Airave

I'm going to guess that there will never be a fix for this issue.  Go check out the Samsung S5 forums and you'll see this was an issue with this phone from the start and it was never fixed nor will it ever be fixed, although Sprint blames Samsung and keeps saying that they are working on a fix.  (Five months later and no fix in sight)  It comes down to the new Spark phones only having one tri-band radio in it - it doesn't work as seamlessly as the older pre-Spark phones with two radios.  You may also get constant low LTE signal strength or discover your phone is on 3G even though your older phone always had a decent LTE signal...  Phone calls not ringing...  No data use (like GPS) while on the phone unless connected to Wifi (which isn't practical for most)...   It's the way the new Spark phones work until Sprint updates their entire network.

But don't worry!  Sprint reps will be here soon saying how you're a valuable customer and they want to help you be happy with your new phone!  They will ask you for the cross streets in your area to check the towers... They will have you reset your phone...  Everything they will tell you won't help because their network isn't up to speed for the new phones they released this year.  Rest assured though, they are working tirelessly on getting their network updated!! Some good that does us with new phones that have less functionnality than our old ones AND being locked into a new contract!

Yeah, I ranted, but check out the S5 forums and the other messages in this one.  Sprint has been screwing us over for months (years?) and it doesn't seem like it'll change anytime soon.

INcoming Sprint rep canned response in 5... 4... 3...

Master

MICHAELHASY - Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, the Airave is not capable of connecting to LTE. The Airave is only able to provide a 3G connection. This is something I am hoping will change on future Airave devices. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the iphone 6 as well and it no longer connects to my Airave.  I have LTE disabled because it doesn't work where I live.  How do I get the devise to connect to the Airave?

Master

sup191 - I understand your frustration with this issue. As you stated, we are working diligently to fix this issue, as well as others. Being that the Airave only supports 3G, it's hard to find a quick fix. Unfortunately, Airaves supported by 4G aren't available at the moment. So thank you for your patience during this process. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here to help. - Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had same issue today as there is only 3G in my area and I just got the Iphone 6 - 4th Tech later, MSID changed and all works well, just as I had to do with any droid in the past.  My LTE is still on and connects to air rave just fine so I can make calls too.  How come we all get different responses?  I spoke directly to someone in Air Rave Support @ 855-790-9080.

Journeyman

Call Air Rave Support - They got mine working just fine. 

Journeyman

Thank you, I will try that when I get home!

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Airave support and it was actually my internet switch that had a bad port.  The Airave works great now but because I have LTE available in my area and the Airave is not compatible with LTE I must shut LTE off when I am home.  So now the process is: turn off LTE on my iphone 6, turn on Airplane mode for 10 seconds, turn off Airplane mode so the phone looks for the Airave signal.  Doing that everything works and I will be happy!

Master

JROGERS6841, Sorry for the trouble that you are having with your device connecting to the Airave. I know that this is frustrating to not have the service work well. I noticed that you said it no longer connects...has it ever connected well with the Airave? A note to point is also that the Airave is not going to improve the data connection. Let me know, I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for choosing Sprint.

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Master

andie7474ct,

Thank you for posting. The Airave doesn't support 4G LTE. We recommend turning off LTE while connecting to the Airave for a more consistent signal. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Master

I sounds like you've found a solution we're here for you if you need any more help.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat