cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 plus bending!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Iphone 6 plus bending!?

I just saw on the news and YouTube that the iPhone 6 plus is bending in pockets under regular conditions they said the guy had his phone in his pocket front pocket at that and it bent I didn't even get my phone yet and already reconsidering my purchase

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Iphone 6 plus bending!?

I saw that too. It would make sense something thin metal would bend especially if not in a protective case. I don't normally keep phones in my pocket but I always have cases on them.

Highlighted
Patron

It's already happening to my iPhone 6, I walk with it in my pocket and after two days there is a noticeable bend when laid on a flat surface. The bending hasn't caused any problems with the operation of the phone yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Ipone 6 and 6 plus are made out of Aluminium. Here are the specs. I don't or will never own anything apple cause they are just to cheaply made has you can tell from this recent reports about them bending. I prefer Android over Apple.

Apple iPhone 6 Plus specs

Highlighted
Journeyman

They say it's from a weak spot where the volume buttons are that is where the bending starts occurring. I'm glad I ordered a case for it before I actually have it. I'm one of the lucky ones waiting for my iphone 6 to be at the store for pickup. They were expecting a shipment today so I'm crossing my fingers that my phone was on it. I'll find out tomorrow.

Highlighted
Master

JB027,

Thanks for your chat today. I understand your concern. I'm happy to help with whatever you need.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

penguinsgirl8729

That was a great choice. Hope you enjoy your new phone. Please keep us posted and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I have the same problem. I have had my i phone 6 in a case since the first day I received it and it had a bend where the volume controls are. Is that covered by the insurance included in the the I-phone for life plan? I usually have it in my front pocket or in my hand never in my back pocket to avoid siting on it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat