cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone will not connect to 4g and 3g is horribly slow and spotty

Highlighted
Patron

Iphone will not connect to 4g and 3g is horribly slow and spotty

What the heck. I "upgraded" from Virgin mobile and the service is the same if not worse. Yes, i know virgin uses sprints network but my old iphone does not support 4g. Sprints coverage map shows that i should have 4g service in my neighborhood yet i barely get 2 bars of 3g coverage. If this is how crappy sprints coverage is im taking the phone back to best buy.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Clarksburg,WV and experience the same problems. 3G is basically useless. Internet loads super slow if at all and applications are useless. When I'm roaming and service is 1x it works better than the 3G. This has been going on for 4 days now and I've called 3 times with the same response which is to wait 48hrs. The lack of LTE and these kind of problems are causing sprint to lose a ton of customers. All my friends that have sprint are experiencing the same issues. My area is Mount Clare, WV but it doesn't matter where I travel within a 40mile radius we are all having the same issues.

Highlighted
Master

Spence680 - I'm sorry to hear that. May I have the zip code of your area so I can see what's going on? - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My home zip code is 26408 but it's happening everywhere such as 26301, 26554, 26506, 26452, and many others.

Highlighted
Master

Spence680,

Thanks for that information. We do not see any open service alerts in the area. However, we would like to narrow the search down to your specific location. We will need to speak with you in a more private setting. Please click on the following link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

- David
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive been having horrible 3g service in clarksburg/bridgeport/fairmont wv. Its almost useless!

Highlighted
Master

mexx330

Thanks for posting. The areas that you provided are a partner roaming agreement area. NTelos owns and operates those towers, so we cannot check the tower status or report tower issues.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So is there anything at all that can be done? Ive done network settings reset, hard resetting the phone. And still the same issue

Highlighted
Master

mexx330

I wish I had better news, but because it's a partner market, I can't advise on the status of their towers. Take care and have a good holiday.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So us the customer who pays you monthly who pays Ntelos to use their towers in our area require us to contact Ntelos to figure out what's going on? That seems off. Why wouldn't you take care of your customer and have someone get in touch with Ntelos to let them know there is something wrong with their towers and the Sprint users in the area are have major data issues.

Highlighted
Master

mexx330
Thank you for making us aware of this. Being that so many people are experiencing the same problem we can determine that this is a network issue. We alerted our network team and they will be working diligently to resolve this. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for being a valued Sprint customer.
- Breana
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat