cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with iPhone 6, random could not activate cellular data network/ intermittent no data

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue with iPhone 6, random could not activate cellular data network/ intermittent no data

Hello everyone,

I am having a continuing issue with my iPhone 6, on Sprint obviously. Im located in San Diego, there are no tower issues that could specifically cause it as there are two other iPhones in my house and it happens all over the place, not just at my home.

10+ times a day my phone will display cannot activate cellular data network, and it'll often say that I have 4 bars of 3g, or even says that I have LTE, but it just won't work. It does this for about 3 mins, estimate, and then it kicks back on until it does it again minutes, or hours later, randomly.

Have had the device replaced, set up as new, have deactivated and reactivated, have replaced the sim card, have talked to sprint and apple a ton of times and nobody is finding a solution. Doing ##update#, restarting the phone, or toggling airplane mode fix it temporarily, just for that one occurrence it makes the data come back but then it continues to do it all day.

How many other people are having this issue? Or a similar issue with the iPhone 6, or iOS 8? Has anyone figured out a fix?

I had a similar issue with my iPhone 5S and they fixed it by assigning a new MSID (i think thats what its called), but that doesn't work for this issue.

Please help/advise if you are having the same issue. Its driving me insane and I'm going to sell the phone soon if I don't figure it out.

Thanks

127 REPLIES 127
Highlighted
Journeyman

RachaelM93, me too, if we have to get all together and complaint I join with all the victims, we are victims, the people at the store lied to me about the plan, I didn't know sprint kept my phones wirh AT&T and that they only were giving up to $350.00 for each line, (I'm still waiting got that) now I have a bill of $1,500 pending with AT&T becuause Sprint kept my phones. I'm so upset, my husband is furious. Let me know and if there is someone else that is going to the same problem speak up please!

I Hate Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a shared 20gb with three other phones and my iPhone 6 is the only one with no access to cellular data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue, already hours with technical support but no solution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue on my iphone 6. It happened when I updated sprints carrier settings. I lost all LTE. The sprint 24.2 is complete garbage. Probably a way to throttle down unlimited data users or force them to leave. My wife has the same exact phone with 24.1 sprint and get LTE all day. I can stand in the exact same spot and see that she has LTE and I have 3G. I lose service several times a day. Half the time I have 1x in sprints coverage map that shows "BEST LTE". A corworker of mine did the carrier updated and got shafted as well. I am going to see if I can move back to 24.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problems but mine did not start until some time after midnight tonight and I double checked my data and I have plenty left. Does anyone know what is going on?

Jennifer Luttman (Hayes)
Highlighted
Master

Jenniferlutt,

What is the make and model of your device?

Please provide us with your nearest cross streets and ZIP code so we can take a look at the local towers.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted

I have the unlimited data plan shared with 2 other phones and have had the same issue for the past two months on my phone only! Very frustrated. Have had phone for 20 months without issues then all of a sudden no service/searching appears. Can't do anything unless I have wifi accessibility!
Highlighted

since its happening to only one phone in the same areas then its going to be phone related..or line related..more than likely the phone itself though. if its only affecting your data then it might be the sim card itself. if possible take it into either a Sprint repair store to see if they have another SIM card you can try to see if it fixes it or an apple store.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat