cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PREORDERED. iPhone 6+ space gray 64GB no sign....

Highlighted
Journeyman

PREORDERED. iPhone 6+ space gray 64GB no sign....

I preordered on September 18.. Just before launch day..

I was told 3-4 weeks..

now when I called sprint they said 4-6 weeks wtf is up with the last minute changes without being notified!!

I tried to check my order on the bs website they told us the " www.sprint.com/my order "

But my order number is incorrect wtf...

And the installment # seems to be the right format but nothing is still coming up..

Can a sprint care assistant help me out with real assistance or are they all blunt and air headed? everyone keeps throwing me in a loop..

I just want a working order status number so I know what's happening or am I just gonna have to wait and and guess this whole month - 2 month wait.

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck.  I pre-ordered a SG 6+ 64 GB in a corporate Sprint store on 912/14 at 10:39 am.  I asked that the phone be delivered to the store because I am going to be switching lines and upgrading another phone at he same time.  As of today, no phone and no way to track the order.  In fact, despite having a receipt, and having my credit card charged over two weeks ago, no one can give any information at all about my order.  Sprint reps say I need to contact the store and the store tells me they have no way to track my order.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know the feeling all I get is the same respone and no information is provided and how is that sprint took our money but can't get an update or the correct order number and how come sprint always says they can't track it

Highlighted
Journeyman

hate to say it but you probably will have a wait i pre ordered a 64 spgray plus on 9/12 at 1pm and still no phone...so its probably a week of preorders ahead of you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Omg are you serious. I feel bad for you lol still no phone...... Freaking sprint.. Other carriers are getting their plus so much in bigger quantity and faster.. I feel more bad for me cause I preordered 6 days after you.. I should have never preordered and just did a walk in purchase :/..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I preorder 6 plus 64 gig space gray on the 9/12 at 10am still nothing

Highlighted
Journeyman

In the same boat I can't even check my order becuz it was a instore preorder and they keep telling me that they can't check my order status and oh yea I seen that in gonna be mad as hell if China. Gets there's and I dnt before the oct 17

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you guys will get yours this week? I hope so if you guys said the 12th.. This week marks the 3rd week.. If sprint actually sticks with their word for once...

Highlighted
Journeyman

who knows...i read on here the phones weren't even shipping out in order.....like sprint is reaching into a hat and pulling out random order numbers to ship first

Highlighted
Journeyman

update got my tracking number and mine says shipped but its too soon to check it on the ups website

Highlighted
Master

JMSIMON1967,

I apologize for the lack of information available. Unfortunately we cannot track pre-orders that were placed in store. For iPhone 6 Plus 64GB and 128GB orders placed through 11 am central time on 9/12/14, we are trying our best to get these orders to you in up to 3 weeks. Orders for these devices placed after this time, we will do our best to deliver these orders in 4-6 weeks. I understand the frustration with this and appreciate your patience. We are shipping orders out as quickly as we receive devices from the manufacturer.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I received an email from order support a few minutes ago with tracking information through UPS.  The tracking number doesn't work quite yet, but I am guessing that is because it was just submitted.  Believe me when I say I am relieved to have received something.  Up until this point, it has been frustrating because of the lack of information.  People are frustrated because they have paid for devices and no one, either the store or order support, could provide them with any information.  I don't think people are as concerned about the wait times, it's more about the not knowing.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat