cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre order disaster!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre order disaster!

Pre ordered 6 plus at sprint corporate store in Bayshore NY. Only the day I pre ordered they talked me into trading in my iPhone 5s when I didn't even have a phone to use without it, guaranteeing 100 percent that my phone would be there on release day! They had me buy a flip phone for 40 bucks to use for the week and said I could return it with no open box fee! Of course this was all a LIE! No phone! I had to call corporate since they wouldn't let me cancel my pre order and had already sold my iPhone 5s! After 2 days of it still not being there I decided I will just get the 6, called up and they said they had the 6 in stock! I go to get it and they won't sell it to me saying they are only letting NEW CUSTOMERS get the 6! I've been a Sprint customer for 15 years and am this close to canceling my entire account and order, using the 350 trade in the gave me for my iPhone 5s toward my early cancellation fee and just going with ATT! Who had the 6plus in stock by the way! What makes me madder is these dam Sprint replies in these forums saying, go track your phone hear or there! They know dam well you can't track a store delivery! The trade in I did was in lieu of getting my iPhone 6 plus on the 19th and as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't of been sold till I got my phone! I'm contemplating law suit just to prove a point!

43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Journeyman

Trust me I haven't got my device either and all sprint forums and customers care say track your order they know u can't track a store order I went to the store today and they told me its gonna come when it comes so basically they told me nothing and I have to wait and that's bs

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered on the 12 two iPhone 6+ 64GB, one silver and one gray. I have yet to received a tracking number. Maybe I'll get it by Christmas. It sucks because I'm changing to Sprint from T-Mobile but I guess it's going to take longer for the change to happen. Maybe I should cancel and go with Verizon or AT&T.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Copy and paste your story to their Facebook page. You will get a response fairly quickly. Also, if you call them make sure you do it with Skype and record it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im right with you on that law suit....I've been a customer for 11yrs and I pre ordered as well STILL NOTHING .....I went into the Apple store in Louisiana yesterday and they had 100's of AT&T and Verizon but NONE for Sprint..I then called a sprint store they stated they only received 2at a time. This is something to do with Sprint...Apple stated they sold 7figures to sprint now how that disburse them to their customers they have nothing to do about that. And I spoke to Apple executive customer service. The problem is Sprint didn't order enough

Highlighted
Master

Pauletronic75,

That is not good. I would be happy to do feedback on the store and the employees that you worked with. Do you know the names of the people that you worked with regarding the buyback? Who told you that they wouldn't let you upgrade to the iPhone 6 and that they will just sell them to new customers? We would be happy to look into this for you. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Rustyreed2003, For any orders placed after 11:00 am CT on 9/12, we will do our best to deliver in 4 to 6 weeks. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well isn't it nice you say that now after I already traded in my iphone 5s and was promised it would be there on the 19th and its not! This is bad for you guys! You took my phone, sent it to warehouse and didn't deliver on my new one as promised! Lawsuit!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can def. agree, This is just unorganized and completely a mess. If you tell people that when they pre-order them they will be here by a certain date then dont you think you should honor that date. My son has his heart set and ready for his Iphone 6 plus and the store promised him it would be here on the 19th.... now they called and told him it would be December before he could get it I am seriously thinking about switching back to AT&T bill was actually cheaper for 3 smart phones.
Highlighted
Journeyman

What about orders placed at 10am Central on 9/12?  I was told I could pre-order online at 2am Central on 9/12 but when I tried to do that there was an error message because I am on the One-Up program.  I stayed up all night to pre-order, couldn't do that, so I went in at as soon as the store opened on 9/12.  When I walked in the employees didn't even realize they had started taking pre-orders.  I was the first person in the store and I was told I would get one on 9/19 since I was first in the store.  This obviously isn't the case.  When can I expect my phone?  I have called the store and customer service and nobody can provide an answer for that.  Has Sprint even received their initial shipment of the 6 Plus yet? 

I have been a Sprint customer since 2000 and I think Sprint has handled this terribly.  They have conned people out of their phones (like the story above) in order to meet their quota but then refuse to tell people when they can get their new phone.  When I called the store on 9/11 to find out if I could pick it up on 9/12, I was told by the associate that he couldn't give me any information.  There should have been someway to track orders so people knew when to expect it.  It is no wonder Sprint is losing customers.  Whenever I have a problem I have to talk to 4-5 different people before I can find someone that knows what is going on.  I had an issue back in October 2013 that took 2 months to resolve.  It wasn't a complicated issue but it took that long to find someone at Sprint that knew what they were talking about.  I am patient and I can wait (after all, it is only a phone - luckily I didn't trade my current phone in to get one) but the way Sprint has handled this (by over-promising and not delivering) is pretty sad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would look into your state law Pauletronic75.  Most states have something in place for used products where the purchasing store has to hold products for a certain amount of time.  I worked in a retail store for awhile and there are strict guidelines for this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think yor right! If I don't get my phone or a call from sprint in bayshore with a fix to this by Tomorow im cancelling sprint and demanding they get my phone back !

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat