cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint's Canned Excuses Are Evidence of Poor Customer Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's Canned Excuses Are Evidence of Poor Customer Service

I ordered my IPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Space Grey on October 6, 2011.  My wife ordered her Gold Phone (same model/size) the same date.  We received a $150 promotion for getting our phones at that time and were told it would be a 2-3 weeks before we received our phones

My wife got her phone in a little under two weeks.  On the other hand, I kept waiting.  When I began to see the delay notifications for the SpaceGrey IPhones on this board I began asking Sprint to let me change my order to Gold.  Sprint has refused to do so without voiding the promotion they offered.  Today I received the "we are sorry we didn't order enough stock from apple, please wait 4-6 weeks" email from Sprint.  Even after receiving this email, Sprint is refusing to honor the prior deal they made with us if I switch to a Gold Iphone.

With all due respect, I find their excuses indefensible.  It was not my fault as a customer that Sprint failed to make contractual arrangements that guaranteed enough stock.  That was Sprint's fault.  Even more inexplicable is the fact that Sprint will not allow me to change to a phone that is more in stock and less popular so as to relieve their backlog when it is their OWN FAULT they failed to make arrangements to have enough stock to meet demand.

Now I fully expect to receive some canned response about "unprecedented demand" or "they are doing everything they can".  I'm sorry, but I don't find that persuasive in the slightest.  Their mistakes with predicting order demand are not my fault when they made assurances to me that I would have a phone by a specific date and when I am willing to accept a different color phone.  That they do not even have the decency to offer an account credit or some other form of compensation here in these circumstances speaks volumes.

At this point, when these phone contracts are up I will look to have our account moved to a different carrier unless Sprint makes this right and I will encourage all of my contacts to do the same.  And making it right does not involves a canned response.  It involves money to compensate me for the delay and loss in value of my phone that I was promised.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oops - I put 2011 instead of 2014.

Highlighted
Master

StanfordLaw2005 - Thank you for reaching out to us in the matter. I am sincerely sorry about the delay in delivery. Did you order this device online or in store? If you ordered online, please provide an order number for this device. Thank you in advance. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm on one week for the 64GB Space Grey 6 plus so I know I have a long way to go. 

Reading through these boards and other carrier boards, it is clear that Sprint is not a fault for the delay.  However,  Sprint dropped the ball compared to competitors in two ways.

1) They only give an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks or 2-4 weeks.  Other carriers such as T-Mobile has an exact estimated delivery date.  Even though I noticed through the T-Mobile forums that this date changes, it would be nice to have a date to look forward to rather than a 4-6 week window.

2)  Other carriers are offering credits to bills.  I've seen that Sprint is waiving the activation fee which to me means nothing.  Other carriers are offering $100 bill credits for the long wait which can really go a long way to at least calming the customer down and easing their mind slightly.

Sprint customer service is downright bad at the moment.  I don't blame it obviously on the representatives themselves because their responses are already prefabricated from the higher ups at the company who have no idea about how to interact with the people.  To see the same response multiple times is ridiculous.  It would be nice if customer care was more personal in dealing with this rather than what they are doing.

In the end,  since I have ordered the phone I will stay with Sprint for the contract.  When the next upgrade comes and I'm looking to upgrade I will seriously think about switching to another carrier.  Customer service is one of the biggest keys in a time where so many phones are back ordered and Sprint dropped the ball in my eyes in this area. 

Highlighted
Master

ballinpb12 - Thank you for posting. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Bingo.  These phones carry a premium BECAUSE THEY ARE NEW.  How much does an older model phone go for?  Not nearly as much.  And Sprint expects that when it promised delivery of a phone within a certain time frame and could not meet that time frame that the customer completely bare this loss of value without any form of compensation.

It is almost as insulting as these canned responses.  Sprint needs to offer an account credit for people whose phones were delayed more than six weeks.

Highlighted
Master

Hello StanfordLaw2005,

We apologize for the delay! You can visit sprint.com to upgrade choosing from any phone and some of them may be discounted. Sprint's inventory and delivery expectations are in line with other carriers. As soon as our inventory is replenished we will send devices out to our retail channels and customers as quickly as they arrive.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Couldn't agree more that the canned responses from Sprint Care are an irritant. Particularly since they can do little more than enter our order numbers in the tracking page just as we can do.

cb6

35 days and counting for gray 64i6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Customer service is really fairly simple. Treat your customers with respect. Sprintcare is failing at that simple task.  I realize that Sprintcare is probably overworked with this, but the canned responses, the "hang in there" the "We are working with our suppliers" just aren't cutting it.  provide some real information. Give meaningful credits when you(Sprint) fail to follow through with your deadlines.  I didn't ask for the phone to be delivered in 2-4 weeks.  You set that expectation.  When you fail to deliver my phone 2-3 weeks after that I am going to be more than a little irritated.  Hang in there doesn't cut it.  a tracking website that actually states a date that I can expect to receive the phone, not a general 2 week timeframe, would be amazing. 

Highlighted
Master

IveHadBetter,

I completely understand where you are coming and I do sincerely apologize for the delay. However, please know that the only time a date can be set in terms of tracking is when the device is actually shipped from our warehouse to you. Since we are still waiting for inventory to be delivered to our warehouse from Apple, we have no way to begin tracking your order until that time.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint could inform the people who are waiting (a) how long the backlog is for their model (i.e. how many people are in front of them); (b) how many units it is expecting to receive over the upcoming week for their model; and (c) whether the number of units expected to be received is going to increase, how much it will increase, and when it will increase.

Highlighted
Journeyman

StandordLaw2005, companies are hugely reluctant to release such detailed order info as markets would trade on it. However, Sprint could and should release the schedule of unit deliveries received from Apple and post the table I suggested at https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/178009

cb6

36 days and counting for gray 64i6

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat